Holding many insurance policies and placing them safely was a tedious job. Now you can open electronic account and hold your policies under one online account.
This step was initiated by our previous finance minister P. Chidambaram who launched IRDA's insurance repository system (IRS). This move was to ensure transparency in the field.
This account facilitates the policyholder to hold all types of insurance policies such as Life, General and Group Health in a single electronic insurance account. Account can be accessed online anytime, anywhere. Also, transaction can be viewed anytime.
As per your convenience, you can opt for one among the repositories - CIRL (Central Insurance Repository Limited), NIR (National Insurance-policy Repository) and SHCIL (Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd) as per IRDA guidlines.
Steps to Open e-Insurance Account(eIA)
1) Download e-insurance account opening form.
2) Fill in the details on e-insurance a/c Application form.
3) Send it to respective Insurance Repository( from the above list of five repositories).
4) After that, Repository will generate e-account number which will be sent to your insurer.
4) Insurer will update you with the allotted and update the same in the portal.
5) Finally,your insurer will inform about the successful upload of your insurance policy on your e-portal.
Note: While submitting e IA form, you need to necessarily have either a PAN or Aadhar number.