The Government of India is launching a scheme by name ‘NIRAMAYA' through which the handicapped and mentally challenged persons are covered for medical treatment upto Rs. 1 lakh.
Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) is also a Government Social Security Scheme being administered through Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
This provides life/accident insurance protection to the rural and urban poor persons and people belonging to certain identified vocational groups. One such identified vocation is "Physically Handicapped Self-Employed Persons".
Scheme & its coverage:
- Single premium will cover across all age
- Provide same coverage irrespective of the type of disability covered under the National Trust Act.
- Insurance cover upto Rs.1.0 lakh per covered beneficiary.
- The scheme will be available in the entire country except in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The scheme further envisages that there shall be
- For pre-existing condition, there is no exclusion
- Same cover as that for other persons
- Services offered are regular Medical Check-up to Hospitalization, Therapy to Corrective Surgery, Transportation.
- Conditions requiring repetitive medical intervention as an in-patient.
- Pre & Post hospitalization expenses, subject to limits.
- No pre-insurance medical tests.
- Reimbursement of claims in case of OPD services from any Qualified Medical Practitioner and for IPD treatment can be taken from a Hospital anywhere in the country.
In NIRAMAYA is a health insurance scheme and not the Life Insurance Scheme. As per the policy eligible claims will be reimbursed. In case of death of beneficiary no any claim/compensation will be payable under this scheme.