With each passing year, the effectiveness of health insurance plans increases. The new medical therapies and revolutionary medications are also growing as the century is advancing. Health insurance plans are particularly important in this scenario for families. It is vital for each family member to be protected by health insurance because you never know which family member may require medical attention and if they do their healthcare costs, it would bring you financial pressure. You want what is right for your family when it comes to family health insurance plans. In this article, we discuss the 5 best family health insurance policies in India.
How to know which insurance plan is best for you?
Below given are the factors that make a health insurance policy the right one.
Value Added Coverage Benefits
In addition to regular health insurance features, health insurance plans offer different value added coverage benefits. Those benefits augment the entire journey of health insurance. Most of the health insurance policies have free health check-ups, medical second opinion on critical illnesses, free medical consultations, health risk evaluation services, access to wellness programs, etc. This is one of the key point to keep in mind before you go for a health insurance policy.
Amazing Offers and Discounts
Health insurance coverage offers different types of premium discounts. Ideally, the best policy would be one with a variety of premium offers and high discount rates.
Coverage of the Plan
The ideal family health insurance package would be the one with all the necessary coverage benefits that your loved ones need. The plan will cover all possible medical costs and also have flexible coverage options that you can choose according to your needs.
Minimum Premium Rates
Although the plan should be holistic with respect to its coverage characteristics, the related premiums should be low and fair. In fact, the finest family health insurance plan should be the one that offers the best benefits with low premium rates.
Apollo Munich Optima Restore Plan
Optima Restore Policy is one of Apollo Munich's most-selling health care insurance plans. The plan deals with three amazing benefits-Restore, Multiplier and Stay Active. Restore can add 100% of the insured amount if you use the insured pool value in whole or in part. Multiplier advantage helps you to experience a 100% increase in the Amount Insured in two free years of claims. Enjoy Stay Active benefit rewards for an active lifestyle.
What do you get in the scheme?
- Get domiciliary treatment
- Get road ambulance or air ambulance in an emergency
- Get medical expenses for all daycare procedures under the Optima Restore policy
- Get lifetime renewability
- Get cover for daycare procedures
- Get cover for medical costs for the illness incurred 2 months before the hospitalisation
Max Bupa Health Companion Individual Plan
Health Companion by Max Bupa is a robust health insurance plan for the Indians. Configured by maintaining the interests of the individual and traditional family insurance in mind, Health Companion is a pocket-friendly package that provides you and your family with affordable health insurance. Max Bupa's Health Companion scheme is an ideal choice for you and your family as it offers insurance cover up to Rs.1 Crore. Health Companion's plan covers, apart from lifetime renewability, pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, organ donor cover, daycare treatments and more. This policy is also provided as an addition to the Rs.1 Lakh, Rs. 2 Lakh, Rs. 3 Lakh, Rs. 4 Lakh, Rs. 5 Lakh and Rs. 10 Lakh annual net deductible scheme.
Features of the plan
- Get in-patient treatment under Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha & Homeopathy up to the sum insured.
- Get ambulance expenses up to Rs. 3,000
- Get pre & post hospitalisation up to 60 days
- Get medical expenses of OPD treatment up to Rs. 5,000
- Get free domiciliary hospitalisation
- Get tax saving option under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Gold Plan
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha is essential protection that covers you and your loved ones from health costs. Health Suraksha promises full coverage for seamless medical treatment, providing financial security at the time of hospitalization. The plan comes with 3 different variants: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The plan enables you to choose sum assured plan according to your need. With no cap on expenditure on rooms & ICU, the insurance covers 144 daycare procedures. Long-term discounts, a wide range of insured sums, lifetime renewal, free-looking cancellations, developed wellness services and other features make it the quintessential choice of customers.
Benefits of the plan
- Get cover for organ donor expenses
- Get coverage up to sum insured on medical procedures that require less than 24 hours to complete.
- Get coverage for in-patient treatment
- Get pre-hospitalisation expenses cover for up to 60 days
- Get post-hospitalisation expenses cover for up to 90 days
Religare Care Health Insurance Plan
Religare Insurance is a generous health insurance plan that provides for the policyholder's medical expenses resulting from any death, illness or accident. The plan comes with 5 variants Care 3 (Super Saver), Care 4 (Elite), Care 5 (Elite Plus), Care 6 (Global), and Care 7 (Global Plus). Under each choice the number of covered options ranges from Rs. 4 Lakh to Rs. 6 Crore. The plan includes expenses incurred during hospitalization, prior and post-hospitalization, daycare, health check-up, and much more. Excluding the aforementioned basic coverage, the Religare Care Plan offers policyholders a range of other incentives to decide for this plan.
Reasons to choose the plan?
- Get all the daycare treatment is cover
- Get in-patient hospitalisation expenses up to sum insured limit
- Get global coverage on a cashless basis
- Get pre hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days
- Get post hospitalisation expenses for up to 60 days
- Get domiciliary hospitalisation expenses up to 10% of the sum insured
Star Family Health Optima Plan
It is one of the best policy that provides coverage for the whole family members at affordable cost, including spouse and minor children between the ages of 16 days and 25. The plan offers an age limit criteria of 15 to 65 in India. Under this scheme, health check-ups are issued for free every year. In addition, the Star Health Optima offers broad coverage such as coverage for hundreds of daycare procedures, pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization, home hospitalization, organ transplant donor expenses, coverage for newborn baby coverage from 16th day and more.
Advantages of the policy
- Get in-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Get domiciliary hospitalisation expenses
- Get daycare procedures cover
- Get air ambulance charges up to 10%
- Get pre and post hospitalisation expenses for up to 60 and 90 days