Due to The COVID-19 outbreak, the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has said that policyholders can send scanned copies of their policies, KYC documents, discharge forms and so on, via email to their servicing branch to settle maturity and survival benefit claims. As per LIC's website, these supporting documents to make a claim can be sent via email until 30 June 2020.
It also clarified that the facility to submit claims online is an additional option to the existing procedure.
How to make LIC claims via email?
According to LIC's website, a policyholder can send e-mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" wherein the branch code is the code of the servicing branch.
For example, if your serving branch code is 777, you will have to send an email to "email@example.com."
LIC also said that the scanned copies should not be more than 5 MB. If the size of the attachments is more than 5 MB then, kindly send more than one mail. The scanned documents should either be in jpg or pdf and readable. This mail ID should be used only for sending the Claim requirements and not for any other purpose. The Policyholder should also mention the mobile number in his/her email.
The email process is only permitted if:
- Policies are in force
- Policies being serviced in the Branch Office where it has been issued
- Policies not assigned
- Policies where there is no loan outstanding
- Where Duplicate Policy has not been issued
- Where Policy is not issued under Keyman Insurance, Employer-Employee Scheme or MWP Act.
- In the case of Survival Benefit Claim, the Gross SB amount shall be up to 5 Lacs.
- In case of Maturity Claim, the Sum Assured of the Policy shall be up to 5 Lacs.
Documents to be scanned and emailed:
- Policy Bond first and last page
- Discharge Form duly filled and witnessed
- Form Number 3510 declaration regarding non-assignment
- Wherever NEFT is not there, then NEFT Mandate form along with the cancelled cheque
- KYC documents, ie ID Proof and address proof along with PAN card