For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- Write your request on a piece of plain paper.
- Download transfer form (SB 10 form) if you are transferring from post office
- Inform where you want to transfer your account
- Submit along with your passbook
- Deposit photocopies of documents for ID proof, which can be PAN card, voter's ID card, etc.
- Once it is submitted, the account is closed and it is sent to requested bank along with your documents and balance amount by demand draft or cheque.
- You will receive call from your requested bank
- New passbook will be issued.
The complete procedure to take 3- 4 weeks and there are no charges to transfer account.
Points to remember while transferring
- Ensure you have updated your passbook which includes your latest transaction
- Take the photocopies of passbook before you submit
- News passbook given will not have records of previous transaction
- Transferred account is treated as continued account.
- One can change nominee while transferring account.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed