For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

What is the procedure for issue of duplicate NSC certificates?


What is the procedure for issue of duplicate NSC certificate
It's possible that you could have lost your National Savings Certificate or NSC, as they are popularly called. An investor can apply for a duplicate certificate as follows.

An investor should apply in the prescribed form for duplicate certificate in respect of lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or defaced certificates (NC29).

Click to know on how to transfer a NSC from one person to another?

The application shall be accompanied by a statement showing particulars of certificates and furnish an indemnity bond in the prescribed form with one or more sureties or with a bank guarantee is required.

In case of mutilated or defaced certificates, no indemnity bond is required.

A National Savings Certificate or NSC as it's popularly known are issued at the post offices and are extremely secure instruments that help you get tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.

Compared to an NSC, the Public Provident Fund (PPF) has always been more popular on account of its tax-free interest. However, PPF has a maximum investment limit of Rs 70,000 per annum (this means the maximum amount one can invest in PPF every year is capped at Rs 70,000).

Read more about: nsc ppf
Company Search
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more