Credit cards have become a necessary payment instrument for middle and upper-class families. Using these plastic cards will avoid carrying cash each time you go out for shopping or maintain balance in your savings account.
Individuals make the most use of their credit cards as they offer huge discounts which make your online shopping cheaper.
Sometimes you can book flight tickets at a much cheaper price with your accumulated reward points.
However, it should not inculcate a habit of spending and we should make sure that our spending is in limits and under control.
SBI Simply Save card
- SBI Simply save card is one of the best credit cards which offers 0% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps nationwide.
- One can avail 2.5% value back on all Dining, Movies, Departmental stores and Grocery spends.
- Also earn Earn Cash Points on every transaction and redeem for rewards.
For the first year is Rs 499 and also value back in the form of 2000 bonus cash points worth Rs 500. If subsequently, if your total purchases are less than Rs 75,000 in the preceding year, a fee of Rs 499 will be charged.
NEW American Express PAYBACK®Credit Card
- Earn 3 Payback Points for every Rs 100 spent except for spend at Fuel, Utilities, Insurance and Cash Transactions.
- Additionally, get multiple payback Points across more than 40 Payback partners.
- Get welcome vouchers worth Rs 3000.
First-year fee: Rs 750 plus applicable taxes. Second year onwards: Rs 1,500 plus applicable taxes. Get annual Card fee waiver from second year onwards on spending more than Rs.150,000 in a year.
ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Visa Credit Card
The new chip cards have an extra layer of security in the form of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Earn 2 PAYBACK points on every Rs 100 spent for all retail purchases except fuel.
- There is a 5% fuel surcharge waiver can be availed on fuel transactions of maximum Rs 4,000 at HPCL pumps when the Card is swiped on ICICI Merchant Services swipe machines.
Just ensure that you spend Rs 50,000 or more annually on your Card and the Annual Fee for the subsequent year shall be reversed.
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit Card
- Enjoy spending on your HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit Card with 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 you spend.
- Accumulate the Reward Points and redeem them as CashBack against the outstanding amount on your Credit Card. (100 Reward Points = Rs. 40).
- Earn CashBack of Rs 2000 on Reward Points accumulated by spending Rs 2.5 lakh on your card.
You also get your first-year fee reversed if you spend Rs. 10,000 in first 90 days of card set-up date and renewal fee reversed if you spend Rs. 50,000 in a year prior to the renewal date.
Citibank Rewards Card
- Earn 10 Reward Points for every Rs125 spent at apparel and department stores and 50 other partners.
- Continue earning Reward Points at rate of 1 point for every Rs125 on all other purchases
- Redeem points instantly at over 700 outlets and e-shopping partners
- Get 2,500 points on Card activation.
There will be no charges if Rs3 0,000 or more is used from Card in a year.
Cardmembers with annual spends of less than Rs30,000 on their Cards are charged an Annual Fee of Rs1,000.