Employee Provident Fund is a critical saving of retirement planning. The interest and contribution will give a healthy growth of your money, and this will be a good source of income in old age. Did you have given a thought about the nominee of your EPF fund?
The nomination is the process of naming an individual(s) as a nominee or administrator to receive his or her EPF savings upon the member's death.
Why do you need to make a nomination?
It is always important to nominate a person to your EPF account.Then only the nominated person(s) can withdraw your EPF savings in the event of death. If you did not make any nomination for your EPF savings, your dependants might encounter difficulties when staking their claim on your EPF savings. What Is EPF App? How To Use M-epf to view EPF Balance?
Rules of EPF Nomination
Here are some rules regarding nomination for EPF:
- Every EPF member must name a nominee to receive the fund in case the member dies prematurely.
- A member can have more than one nominee. If a person has two nominees, he or she can also fix the proportion of fund for each candidate.
- If you are an EPF member, and you has a family, you should nominate the person(s) from your family. The nominee from outside of the family would be invalid.
- Any nomination made before the marriage would be invalid after the wedding. After the marriage, the member should give new nomination.
- If the member doesn't have a family at the time of nomination, he or she can nominate anyone to their EPF account. But once, the member acquires the family the nomination must be in the name of family member.
- While nominating a minor, the guardian of the minor should be the family member. If there is no major family member, the guardian can be anyone.
- On the death of a member, the fund would be paid to the nominee. The payment would be by stated proportion (if any).
- If there is no nomination, the fund would be equally distributed among the family member. The major son and married daughter are not considered for such distribution.
Types of EPF nomination forms
There are three types of nomination forms as listed below:
Form No 2
Nomination Form is the common Form For PF and Pension Scheme. PF Members gave this and utilized for releasing PF dues to the nominees. It also contains the details of the family members.
This form is a member's declaration of being employed in a factory/establishment where both the Employees' Family Pension Fund Scheme and Provident Fund are in force.
This form is a declaration by an individual taking up work in a factory or establishment where the Employees' Pension Scheme is applicable. How To Check EPF Balance Through Mobile SMS?