Mutual fund SIPs are highly being recommended by investment experts to rule out excessive volatility to which stock markets are exposed and if you are also on the hunt for some good SIP options with small investment amount then here are suggested some options which you can bet upon depending upon your risk profile and objective:
1. SBI Equity Hybrid Fund- Growth: If you are looking for balanced good returns with low risk and that too at a small investment of Rs. 500 per month, then you can surely go in for this fund by the largest fund house. The fund categorized within the hybrid-equity oriented scheme has total assets under management of Rs. 23,581 crore as on April 30, 2018.
For the last one, three and five years respectively, the fund offered returns of as much as 12..35%, 9.55% and 16.47% respectively. Though, the SIP in the fund can be started for as low an amount as Rs. 500 per month, initial minimum investment remains as Rs. 1000.
The fund tracks the benchmark CRISIL Hybrid 35+65 Aggressive and feature stocks such as HDFC Bank, SBI, Bharti Airtel, Kotak Mahindra Bank, TCS, Infosys as some of its top equity holdings. While the funds' top debt holdings include HDFC Bank 2018 Certificate of deposit, 7.17% GOI 2028 G-securities and 9.15% ICICI bank debenture amongst others.
The growth scheme has a net asset value of Rs 125.56, while the dividend plans has an NAV of Rs 28.36.
2. HDFC Balanced Fund: It is another similar fund from the HDFC mutual fund pack and investors can bet on the fund with as low as Rs. 500 per month to reap balanced gains from the scheme. Over the period of last one-year, the fund has offered a return of 8.72% while its 5-years return is 18%.
The fund's benchmark is Nifty 50 Hybrid Composite Debt 65:35 and includes stocks such as HDFC Bank, HDFC, Infosys, L&T, ITC, ICICI Bank in its portfolio. In its debt bucket, some of the funds top holdings include securities such as 7.4% Tata Sons 2022 debenture, 8.13% GOI securities with a maturity in 2045 and ICICI Bank 2018 CD amongst others.
NAV of the fund under the growth plan is Rs. 147.08, while for its dividend plan the net asset value is Rs. 30.65.
3. UTI Equity Fund Regular Plan: This mutual fund scheme by UTI has a large fund size of the order of Rs. 5272 crore as on March 31, 2018. The scheme will be apt for those with high penchant for risk as nearly 98% of the fund corpus is diverted or allocated to equity and the rest goes to debt and other instruments. Categorized as a large cap fund, the scheme tracks the benchmark S&P BSE 200 index.
The NAV of the open-ended fund under the growth plan is 136.91. In the diversified equity space, the fund has been awarded 4th rank by the Crisil. The 1-year return from the fund has been 18%. Top holdings of the fund include companies such as Bajaj Finance, IndusInd Bank, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank and Infosys amongst others. Individuals can begin a SIP in the fund through small amounts of Rs 500. The initial investment of course is Rs 5,000.
4. ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity: The large cap equity fund has done well in the last several years.. For a period of 5 years the fund has generated returns of 15.72 per cent. The return from the fund since launch in 2008 is 14.76%. The growth scheme has a net asset value of Rs 39.57, while the dividend plans has an NAV of Rs 21.91. It is to be noted that dividends are no longer tax free and the fund house has to pay a dividend distribution tax. There is also a capital gains tax that is now payable from profits made on equity mutual funds.
The scheme tracks the benchmark Nifty 50 Total Return Index.
5. DSP BlackRock Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan: The small cap fund has managed to provide tremendous 3 and 5-years return of 16.81% and 31.67% respectively. It is to be noted that small cap funds are highly risky over large cap funds as they tend to fall sharply in comparison to overall markets.
The fund tracks the benchmark S&P BSE Small Cap TRI and under the growth plan has an NAV of Rs. 63.09. Some of the holdings of the fund include SRF, Finolex, Aarti Industries etc.