Should You Invest In JM Financial ‘AA' Rated NCD Issue That Opens On May 28?

Subscribe to GoodReturns
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

    After the DHFL NCD, 9.7% secured redeemable NCD issue of JM Financial is set to hit for public subscription on May 28, 2018. Now here is a breakdown on the issue taking investor's interest into fore:

    Should You Invest In JM Financial ‘AA' Rated NCD Issue That Opens On May 28?

    1. Issue details: The base size of the issue is Rs. 300 crore with an option to retain another Rs. 400 crore, totaling the issue size to Rs. 750 crore. The face value of NCD is Rs. 1000 each and the issue will close down on June 20.

    Investors will be able to sell their holding in the NCD even before the maturity date through the stock exchange trading. The issue is proposed to be listed on the BSE.

    2. Issue objective: Upto 25% proceeds garnered through the NCD will be put to corporate use and the rest 75% will be used for onward lending , pre-payment or repayment of loans and other financing activities.

    3. Options or structure of the issue: Investors need to put in a minimum of Rs. 10000 for investing in the NCD issue by JM Financial. The issue is available for three tenures 38, 60 and 120 months with six options.

    i) For the tenure of 38 months, the NCD issue will offer 9.25% per annum
    ii) In another option for the same tenure of 38 months, interest will be offered on a cumulative basis.
    iii) For the NCD with a tenure of 60 months the effective yield on a per annum basis will be 9.49%.
    iv) For the similar tenure of 60 months, there is also an option to get monthly pay-out with 9.11% return
    v) For 10 years term, with interest paid on an annual basis, the return comes to be 9.75%
    vi) And for the similar tenure of 10 years, in the monthly pay-out option investors will be able to fetch returns to the tune of 9.34%

    Taxation of NCDs: Interest income will have to shown in the return of income like any other interest income in the head income from other sources and as the issue is being offered in dematerialized form there will be no TDS deduction.

    So, given the creditworthiness of the new investment option plus an attractive coupon rate investors can put in their bets remembering that you can even exit the investment through the exchange route even before its maturity.

    Goodreturns.in

    Story first published: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 15:40 [IST]
    Company Search
    Enter the first few characters of the company's name or the NSE symbol or BSE code and click 'Go'
    India's LARGEST EVER political poll. Have you participated yet?

    Find IFSC

    Get Latest News alerts from Goodreturns

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more