The Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications has introduced various charges for ATM transactions on ATM outlets of lndia Post as well as other banks. According to the various transaction types, the applicable charges are as follows as on the implementation date 01.10.2021.
Debit Card Replacement Charges: Rs 300/- + GST
Duplicate PIN/Regeneration of PIN through Branch: Rs 50/- + GST
ATM/POU transaction technical declines attributable to the customer (i.e. lack of balance in account): Rs 20/- + GST.
AT PoS Cash withdrawals for DoP Debit cards (On-branch transactions): 1% of the transaction value subject to a maximum of Rs 5/- per transaction.
Charges for Withdrawal at ATM:
- Financial Transactions at other ATMs - Beyond 3 free transactions- (ln Met Cities) and 5 free transactions in No Metro Cities Rs 20/- + GST.
- Financial Transactions at branch ATMs - Beyond 5 free transactions- Rs 10/- + GST.
- Non-Financial Transactions at other ATMs- Beyond 3 free transactions- (ln Metro Cities) and 5 free transactions in Non-Metro Cities - Rs 8/- + GST.
- Non-Financial Transactions at branch ATMs- Beyond 5 free transactional Rs 5/- + GST.
- ATM/Debit Card Annual Maintenance Charges: Rs 25/- + GST. This charge is applicable on cycles of 01.10.2021 to 30.09.2022 and subsequent cycles. Chargers to be collected at the end of the cycle i.e. on 30.09.2022.
- SMS alert charges per annum for debit card holders: Rs 12/- + GST. This charge is applicable on cycles of 01.10.2021 to 30.09.2022 and subsequent cycles. Chargers to be collected at the end of the cycle i.e. on 30.09.2022.
Currently, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), a division of Indian Post governed by the Department of Post, under the Ministry of Communications of the Indian government does not charge ATM monthly transactions at IndiaPost ATMs, and Punjab National Bank's ATMs for all account variants. IPPB allows 3 free transactions at other bank's ATMs across metro cities and 5 free transactions at other bank's ATMs across non-metros.
Additional financial transactions at other bank's ATMs will be charged Rs 20 and non-financial transactions will be charged Rs 8. These charges are applicable on Regular Savings Account - Safal Account, Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) - Sugam Account, and BSBDA-Small Account - Saral Account. For regular savings accounts - Safal Account and Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) - Sugam Account, IPPB allows a maximum ATM withdrawal per transaction of Rs 10,000 and maximum ATM withdrawal per day of Rs 25,000.
For the same account holders, IPPB allows maximum cumulative spend at POS outlets and e-commerce sites per day of Rs 65,000. Whereas for BSBDA-Small Account - Saral Account, IPPB allows INR 10,000 per month in aggregate by way of withdrawals through withdrawal slips at Branch, ATM, POS Outlets, and E-Commerce Transactions.