The pessimistic philosophy of culture across regions is the primary explanation for the majority of incidents of female infanticide that inevitably contribute to a falling sex ratio in India. The Government agreed to introduce a scheme named Ladli Laxmi Yojana as a remedy to this concern, which will promote consciousness of positive thought about a girl's birth, education and health.
About Ladli Laxmi Yojana
By the government of Madhya Pradesh in 2007, Ladli Laxmi Yojana was founded with the aim to bring a transition in society's derogatory attitude to the conception of a girl child. In contrast, the major aim was to enhance the girls' sex ratio, schooling and living standards. Other states have also introduced and enforced the same for the empowerment of girls after the scheme's ultimate effectiveness. The Ladli Laxmi Yojana was identified by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on May 2nd, 2007. In the non-tax paying families and female infants, the programme supports the girl children born on or after January 1, 2006.
Key takeaways of Ladli Laxmi Yojana
In order to create a better model for the development of a girl's child in India, Ladli Laxmi Yojana was identified. The aims are to strengthen the educational and social standing of the identified girl child's family in order to bring meaningful improvements in societal attitudes.
- The approach emphasises on girls' education and facilitates financial support for them.
- Educational costs will help all the girls enrolled under this arrangement so that her parents are capable of sending her to school. The girls who quit school, though, will not be eligible to reap the benefits of this plan.
- Rs. 1 Lakh is given by the government to the individual's family for her marriage.
- Under the Ladli Laxmi Yojana, girls who are married before the age of 18 will not get benefits.
- National Savings Certificates (NSC) worth Rs.6000/- are purchased annually by the state government on behalf of the girl after her conception. For five straight years, the acquisition of NSC will proceed until the overall amount reaches Rs.30,000.
- The girl child enrolled under this scheme can earn a certain amount of money when promoted to class VI (Rs.2,000), class IX (Rs 4,000), class XI (Rs.6,000) and XII (Rs.6,000).
- In addition to Rs.4,000, the girl child will get Rs.200/- per month during her schooling year after Class XI until Class XII.
- The girl child at the age of 21 will get a lump sum of Rs.1 lakh if she is not married prior to the age limit of 18.
- The benefits of Ladli Laxmi Yojana will also be given to parents who have adopted a girl after two living kids. They are, though, necessary to be registered at a centre of Anganwadi and must not file tax returns.
Eligibility required to apply for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
To get the benefits of Ladli Laxmi Yojana a girl child and her parents must fall under the below eligibility criteria:
- A girl whose parents are initially from Madhya Pradesh and do not pay any tax to the government can apply for this scheme.
- The girl child will only get the lump sum amount of Rs.1 lakh if she has not married before the age of 18.
- She will not be able to obtain any compensation from the scheme if the girl drops her schooling in between.
- Under Ladli Laxmi Yojana, two girls from one family can seek benefit. If the girls are twins, though, then the third girl child will also receive the advantage.
- The scheme is only applicable for those below the poverty threshold.
- The privileges of this scheme can only be earned by an orphan girl child when she is adopted and the approval of adoption is properly presented by her family.
Documents required to apply for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
Below are the documents required to apply for this scheme:
- Valid birth Certificate of the girl child
- Application form
- Residence proof of the girl child
- A photocopy of the passbook of the individual
- Passport size photograph of the beneficiary
- Identity Proof- Aadhaar card, Ration Card
Steps to apply for Ladli Laxmi Yojana:
By following the below-listed steps one can apply for this scheme:
- Visit ladlilaxmi.mp.gov.in
- Now click on the "Application Letter" option
- Now you will see three alternatives on your screen i.e. Public Service Management, General Public and Project Officer.
- Click on "General Public" and fill the form completely and correctly. The individual must attach a signed copy of all the necessary documents with the application form
- Now click on 'Save' to apply
- Note: It is to be remembered that requests can be sent from the Project Office/Public Service Centre or any Internet Cyber Cafe with the help of an Anganwadi employee.
- Besides that, for approval of the application, all the documents must be approved by the Project Office. Contact the below given helpline for more support in case of any concerns or complaints:
Women Empowerment Centre
Block-II, Habitat Building 4th Floor, Bhopal-462011
Contact No.: 0755-2550917