IndusInd Bank, a private sector lender, has launched new 'Green Fixed Deposits' to help you grow your earnings while also reducing environmental impact. These deposits will offer returns of up to 6%, with instant online account opening, flexible tenure, and flexible interest payout options. According to the bank "These deposits will contribute to the development of projects which has a positive impact on our surroundings and the society at large." The proceeds from these deposits will be invested in organisations such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, green transportation, sustainable food, agriculture, forestry, waste management, and greenhouse gas reduction that promote the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Benefits of IndusInd Bank Green Fixed Deposits
- Customers having Green Fixed Deposits would get an interest rate up to 6%.
- Senior citizens will eligible to get an additional rate of 0.50% over and above the card rate applicable to non-senior citizens.
- Green Fixed Deposits at IndusInd Bank are also insured up to Rs 5 lakhs by Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
- Low premature withdrawal penalty of 1%
- Assurance certification from a well-known external consulting institution.
- These Green Fixed Deposits are also available for Non-IndusInd customers as well.
- Along with the FD Advice, the Fixed Deposit Holder will receive a green Deposit Certificate upon creating a green fixed deposit account successfully with the bank.
How to open a Green Fixed Deposit account at IndusInd Bank online?
Customers must have their PAN and Aadhaar details handy and follow the steps outlined below to open a Green Fixed Deposit account online with IndusInd Bank.
- Visit https://myaccount.indusind.com/fdonline/index.aspx and choose the type of customer you are.
- Now enter your mobile number and log in.
- Now choose the deposit option and click on 'Create Fixed Deposit'
- Now click on 'Open FD' and enter all the required details in the online application form.
- Now select the amount you want to transfer to your FD from your saving account.
- The funds are transferred from your savings account after a successful submission, and you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
IndusInd Bank Green Fixed Deposits Interest Rates
IndusInd Bank is now giving the following interest rates on green fixed deposits of less than Rs. 2 crores to both regular and elderly residents.
|Tenure||Regular Interest Rate Per Annum||Senior Citizens|
|2 years to below 2 years 6 Months||6.00||6.50|
|2 years 6 Months to below 2 years 9 Months||6.00||6.50|
|2 years 9 months upto 3 years||6.00||6.50|
|Above 3 years upto 61 months||6.00||6.50|
|Source: Bank Website|