Aadhaar Stambh (Plan-943) is Life Insurance Corporation of India or LIC's small saving schemes customized for males having aadhaar card. This policy comes with a low premium and offers death benefit to policyholders.
Details about Aadhaar Stambh LIC policy- Offers both protection and savings
LIC's Aadhaar Stambh plan is a non-linked-with-profit endowment assurance life insurance plan offered specifically to male individuals who have an aadhaar card.
Death benefit: And in a case if the policyholder meets an untimely death before the end of policy term, policyholder's nominees shall be entitled to the death benefit which will offer financial security to the family in the absence of the insured.
Death benefit payable in case of death of the Life Assured before the stipulated Date of Maturity provided the policy is inforce shall be as under:
- On death during first five years: "Sum Assured on Death".
- On death after completion of five policy years but before the stipulated Date of Maturity: "Sum assured on Death" along with Loyalty Addition, if any. Where "Sum Assured on Death" is defined as the higher of 7 times of annualised premium; or Basic Sum Assured.
Maturity benefit: This is payable in case the insured survives the policy term and this is paid in lump sum. Here "Sum Assured on Maturity" along with Loyalty Addition, if any, shall be payable. Where "Sum Assured on Maturity" is equal to Basic Sum Assured. Also, the policyholder can avail the maturity benefit in installments as part of the settlement option.
Rider benefits: LIC's Accidental benefit rider shall be available under this policy and it can be opted for at anytime provided the outstanding policy term is at least 5 years.
Eligibility to buy Aadhaar Stambh policy plan:
- Entry age: 8 years to 55 years
- Maximum age at the time of plan maturity: Should not be over 70 years.
- Minimum sum assured: Rs. 75000 and in multiples of Rs. 5000 thereafter
- Maximum sum assured: Rs. 3 lakh
- Policy term: 10-20 years
- Returns: If an aadhaar card holding male individual purchases Aadhaar Stambh LIC Policy, he can expect to get a maturity amount of around Rs. 4 lakh (sum assured value of Rs. 3 lakh plus loyalty addition of Rs. 97500 considering 4.5% annual return on the investment) after investing for 20 years.