Just as the advanced and more taxpayer-centric income tax e-filing portal has been launched today at precisely 6 am Indian time, we provide you with first-hand experience of the highly important tax portal.
Aiming to provide seamless and highly convenient platform the site entails features including:
On the main page 4 services are flashing saying:
1. View guided tour of the new portal: The all new feature that makes e-filing ITR easier.
2. Update your profile
3. Submit grievances
4. File your ITR- Access the pre-filled form, easy to use offline utility and wizard to file your ITR.
Further more under the services section the portal of the income tax dept offers all such services including:
1. e-verify your ITR
2. Link Aadhaar to PAN
3. Know about your PAN- Aadhaar linking
4. e-pay tax
5. Track status of e-filed return
6. Verify your PAN
7. Know TAN
8. Then there is a link that will take us out of the income tax portal and take us to webiste of other parties. Such links are provided only for the convenience of the client and e-Filing Portal does not control or endorse such websites, and is not responsible for their contents.
Along side Our Services, there are tabs saying:
Our Success enablers- Herein the dept. has mentioned the number of individual registered users and e-verified ITRs for AY 20-21.
News and e-campaigns
Things to know
Our committed taxpayers
Pertinently, the previous income tax filing portal incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in has been rendered inactive ever since June 1 until June 6, 2021 for migration to the new system. It has been advised to taxpayers that they get their DSCs registered afresh on the e-filing portal from June 7, 2021 as the previous data cannot be extracted for security reasons.
The department has sought the patience of all stakeholders including taxpayers as familiarity with the new portal shall take time as it is a major transition.
Note soon after its launch the site seem to have hit a technical snag.