You can update information online or do so by sending certain documents by post. Online information can be updated in three simple steps: STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar, STEP 2: Submit your Update Request and STEP 3: Upload Documents. Also read how to get Aadhaar Card?
It's important to note that you would need a mobile number can to receive password for login.
Residents can update name, address, gender, date of birth and mobile number through the portal. Here are a few processes to update information.
1) Having a mobile number is mandatory for using the update portal.
2) If you have declared a mobile number at the time of enrolment, enter your Aadhaar Number to get an OTP (One Time Pin) at that mobile. If you have not declared your mobile at the time of enrolment, then enter your Aadhaar number. You will be asked to provide a mobile number to receive OTP. In case you have lost/do not possess anymore, the mobile, that you declared at the time of enrolment, you will have to either visit nearest Update Centre or send your Update request through Post.
3) Enter OTP and captcha to login to the Update Portal
4) Select the fields you want to be updated /corrected. You can select more than one field also.
5) Fill the fields with current details in English as well as Local Language
a) Depending on the field to be updated, attach self attested supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List. Refer Link for valid documents.
b). Name Correction/Update : Requires PoI listed in "Supported Proof of Identity(PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update"
c) Date of Birth Correction : Requires DoB listed in "Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents"
6) Address Corrections/Change : Requires PoA listed in "Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address"
7) You can upload the documents online or send your documents through Post. If you want to send the documents through post, read the instructions for sending documents through post in documents upload page and proceed thereafter. Also read in kannada