For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

A look at special fixed deposit schemes from leading banks

|

With a plenty of tax-free bonds on offer attracting investors with their high safety and considerably higher returns, both public sector and private sector banks have made an attempt to entice this section by floating special fixed deposit schemes for certain specific tenure with higher returns. Available for a limited time frame, such schemes can provide marginally higher returns to investors.

IDBI Bank 500 days and 50 months special deposit plan
 

IDBI Bank 500 days and 50 months special deposit plan

Available from October 1, 2013 until December 31, 2013, the fixed deposit plan offers interest rate @ 9.40% and 9.25% for 500 days and 50 months respectively. Senior citizens will garner an additional return of 50 basis points. So, a return as high as 9.40% i.e. not offered by any bank across the industry and across different tenures makes the special deposit plan really attractive.

State Bank of Travancore's 400 days term deposit plan

State Bank of Travancore's 400 days term deposit plan

Known as the AISWARYA SPECIAL DEPOSIT SCHEME 2013, for a minimum investment of Rs. 10 lac, the bank is offering a return of 9.5%. The other scheme PRAVASI AISWARYA SPECIAL DEPOSIT SCHEME - 2013 is specifically for NRIs and provides a return of 10%.

444 days deposit opened under United Swarna Laskmi Scheme

444 days deposit opened under United Swarna Laskmi Scheme

Investment into this plan by United Bank of India shall offer a return of 9.25% to regular customers while senior citizens shall garner an additional return of 0.50% totaling their return to 9.75%.

HDFC' Bank's 1 year 16 days deposit
 

HDFC' Bank's 1 year 16 days deposit

On locking funds into this specific tenure, regular and senior citizens will earn an interest rate of 9% and 9.5% respectively.

PNB 400 days term deposit scheme

PNB 400 days term deposit scheme

The special tenure deposit scheme offers an interest rate of 9% that is a tad higher than interest rate earned on deposit schemes for tenure between 1-5 years.

Company Search
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more