Though online and mobile banking services has brought in much ease for bank customers with on the go access available to bank account statement, account balance as well as other benefits.
Utmost caution and few safety tips needs to be taken heed of while accessing your bank account via such services.
Mobile banking service available to current as well as saving account holders can be made more secure by following some of the safety tips:
1. Lock your phone with a password: You can protect your mobile from unauthorized usage with a password that though act as the first layer of safety.
2. Secure you MPIN: The MPIN or Mobile-Personal Identification Number generated by the bank account holder for accessing mobile banking services should be kept secure. Further, MPIN should be entered in privacy. Banks on their part deactivate mobile baking service of the customer in case wrong MPIN is entered thrice during a banking transaction.
3. Authorized software provided by the bank for mobile banking service should be downloaded: Banks in order to provide an extra layer of safety have come up with mobile banking-specific software that should be downloaded and used for accessing mobile banking services.
4. Application for mobile banking should be logged out after the transaction: Always ensure that you have logged out from the application after completing the banking transaction on mobile.
5. Do not disclose important details to anyone: Bank specific customer ID number, MPIN, account number etc. should be kept secret
6. On loss of phone or sim get your mobile banking service deactivated: In either of the case, place a request with your bank to deactivate mobile banking service on your mobile on an immediate basis.
7. Do not make use of links on e-mail or sms to acceess your bank account.
8. Change MPIN or the security password for accessing mobile banking services at regular intervals.