Branch banking can sometimes not be a great experience for many of us. Luckily, we are in an online era where most of the banking can be done online such as bill payments, funds transfer or creation of a fixed deposit.
However, this ease comes with risk called as phishing. Here are few tips to be careful while using online banking.
7 Tips for Safe Online Banking
1) Keep your windows browsers updated with the latest version, always use updated anti-virus and anti-spyware tools to keep your computer healthy.
2) Avoid easy password, like your phone number or date of birth. Periodically keep changing it.
3) Avoid using internet at public computers, see to it that you clear the cache and browsing history, and delete all the temporary files from the computer. Even Wi-fi are at times risky and safety is compromised. So be alert.
5) Keep an eye on 'last logged in' panel on your bank website.
6) If you have various bank accounts, avoid using the same online banking password for all.
7) ) Update your mobile number and address with banks and opt to register for mobile alerts in case of withdraw or deposit immediately.
If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure website, you should disable the "Auto Complete" function to increase the security of your information. Click here to know more about phishing and how to disable " Auto Complete" function.