With the invention of credit cards, shopping has become easier and more convenient. We don't need to carry cash in our wallet. All you need to so is a swipe.
Credit cards also offer customers benefits in the form of rewards or cash back. It is a difficult task to choose a card which gets us maximum benefit.
In cash back scheme you will get cash back on your spends. You get a predetermined percentage of cash back into your credit card account. In rewards scheme, depending on the card that you have, points will be rewarded on your spend.
Check this list of best cashback and reward credit cards in India:
1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Card
People spend money on grocery and most people in metro cities buy groceries from Reliance, Easy Day, More, Spenser's or Big Bazaar. Standard Chartered Manhattan card will offer 5% cashback on your grocery spends. This is the only card that offers 5% cash back on grocery spends. 5% cashback on credit card expenditure at supermarkets & department stores. Users will get 5x rewards when you use your credit card to pay for Hotels, Dining, Airline ticket reservation, and Fuel. You can earn up to Rs 500 as cashback every month and Rs 150 per transaction. Annual fee of Standard Chartered Manhattan card is Rs 999.
2. American Express Gold Card
For using your card 4 times on transactions of Rs 1,000 and above every month you will get 1,000 bonus membership rewards points. Annual fee of American Express Gold card for the first year is Rs 1000, from the second year onwards it will be Rs 4,500.
- Welcome gift of 4,000 Membership Rewards Point after first 3 spends in 60 days.
- 1 MR point on Rs 50 spent on all spends except for spend on fuel, insurance, utilities and cash transactions
- As it is a charged card there is no predefined credit limit
- Up to 20% off at selected restaurants.
- Redeem from 18 carat and 24 carat gold collection.
- You can earn 5000 MR Points on renewal for the second year.
3. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
SBI Simply Click Credit Card is the best option if you are an online shopaholic. A lot of offers from Amazon, Flipkart, Makemytrip, Cleartrip and many more vendors can be availed using this card.Annual fee of this card is 499. It will be waived off if you spend 1 lakh amount per year from the date of approval.
Other benefits include:
- 10X rewards on online spends - Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / FabFurnish / Lenskart / OLA / Zoomcar
- 5X rewards on all other online shopping
- A welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs 500 from Amazon for the new user
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver (on 500+ transaction amount)
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs. 1 Lakh (one more 2000 e-voucher on another 1Lakh milestone)
4. Citi Bank Cashback Credit Card
Citi Bank Cashback Credit Card is best suitable for movie lovers. If you watch movies and pay your bills online this card will be an asset to you. Annual fee of Citi Bank Cashback Credit card is Rs 500. You can also earn 5% cash back on movie tickets, 5% cash back on telephone bill payments, 5% cash back on utility bill payments, 0.5% cash back on all other spends.
5. SBI Signature Credit Card (Elite)
SBI Signature card comes has an annual fee of 4,999 including welcome gifts worth 4,999. Benefits of SBI Signature card users includes:
- You can earn benefits worth Rs30,000 every year.
- Welcome gift worth Rs 5,000
- You will get 2 Free movie tickets every month from Bookmyshow
- 10 points per Rs 100 spent on dining, departmental stores, grocery & international spends
- 2 points per Rs 100 spent on others.
- Signature contactless advantage.
- You will earn 10,000 bonus reward points on achieving annual spends of Rs 2 lakhs, 3 lakhs, and 4 lakhs
- The user will get 20,000 bonus reward points on crossing annual spends of Rs 5 lakhs.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs 0.25.
6. American Express Platinum Travel Card
American Express Platinum Travel card has the best offers for frequent travelers. Annual fee of this card for the first year Rs 3,500. From the second year it will be onwards Rs 5,000 to a bunch of offers from the online shopping portals with decent bonus reward points.
- Welcome gift of 5,000 milestone bonus membership rewards points redeemable for IndiGo Vouchers worth Rs 4000.
- By spending Rs 1.90 lakhs in a year you will get IndiGo vouchers worth more than Rs. 7,700.
- Spend Rs 4 lakhs in a year to get IndiGo vouchers worth more than Rs. 11,800. You will also get a voucher worth Rs 10,000 from the Taj group.
- You can have up to 3 Amex cards at a time.
- Customers can reap out maximum benefit if you travel by IndiGo because most of the redemption can be done with IndiGo partners only.
7. HDFC Bank MoneyBack Card
HDFC Moneyback card is one of the excellent cashback cards. The key benefits of this card includes,
Lifetime free pricing. (limited offer)
- 1,000 reward points on activation through PayZapp.
- 1,000 Reward points = Rs. 40
- 2 Reward points on every Rs 150 spent on retail.
- 6 Reward points on online purchases
- Zero lost card liability post reporting.