Customers of the State Bank of India (SBI) have been notified to link their PAN and Aadhaar card till June 30. The bank went on to say that if customers don't, they'll have a hard time getting a smooth banking experience. PAN linking with Aadhaar is compulsory, according to SBI. If a customer fails to do so, PAN would become inactive and will be unable to be used for specific transactions. The deadline for linking a PAN to an Aadhaar number is June 30, 2021 according to the recent tweet of SBI. In a recent tweet, SBI has stated that "We advise our customers to link their PAN with Aadhaar to avoid any inconvenience and continue enjoying a seamless banking service." So if you are an SBI customer and have not yet linked PAN with Aadhaar, then follow the ways discussed below to continue availing seamless banking service of the bank.
Steps to link PAN with Aadhaar card
Visit the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar' section.
Now enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number and name.
Now enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the 'Link Aadhaar' option to complete the process.
The income tax department will cross-check your name, date of birth, and gender against your Aadhaar records before linking it with PAN.
Upon successful linking, a pop-up message will appear on your device screen stating that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN.
Steps to link PAN with Aadhaar through SMS
By sending an SMS, you can link your PAN to your Aadhaar number. The steps listed below must be followed for the same:
- Type UIDPAN and send it to 67678 or 56161.
- Upon successful authentication of both documents, you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
- To use the SMS facility to link Aadhaar with PAN your mobile number should be registered with Aadhaar Card.
Steps to check the status of PAN-Aadhaar link
- Visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar' option under the Quick Links section.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you need to click on "Click here to view the status if you have already submitted link Aadhaar request". The status of your Aadhaar-PAN will be displayed on the website once you click this link.
- If you can't locate the result, you can use the form on the same page to link your PAN and Aadhaar card.
Steps to check status via SMS
You can also check the status of PAN-Aadhaar linking via SMS, to do must have your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
- Type 12-digit Aadhaar number, space, and enter the 10-digit PAN number and send it to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
- Upon successful authentication, you will receive the result via SMS on your mobile number.
What if you don’t link your PAN with Aadhaar on or before June 30, 2021?
PAN is required for a variety of financial operations, such as the establishment of bank accounts, cash deposits, Demat account establishment, real estate transactions, investing in mutual funds or stocks and so on. The tax department would be able to maintain track of taxable transactions by linking Aadhaar and PAN cards. As a result, the department will have a complete database of all financial transactions that will be subject to taxation for a particular individual. Another rationale for linking PAN and Aadhaar is to limit the number of people or companies that apply for duplicate PAN cards. By successful Aadhaar-PAN linking, the Income Tax Department would be able to identify an individual's identity through his or her Aadhaar card, and then have records of all financial transactions performed through the associated PAN card. The tax department would be able to discover and take remedial action if there are multiple PAN cards issued under the same name or if one fails to connect your PAN card with your Aadhaar card by June 30, 2021. As a result, you may face a penalty from the Income Tax Department. Not only will you face a penalty of up to Rs 1,000, but your PAN will also be revoked, which may lead to unwanted interruptions in activities made using your bank account.
We advise our customers to link their PAN with Aadhaar to avoid any inconvenience and continue enjoying a seamless banking service.#ImportantNotice #AadhaarLinking #Pancard #AadhaarCard pic.twitter.com/LKIBNEz7PO— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) May 31, 2021