To continue getting a host of benefits offered by the provident fund body-EPFO, EPF subscribers have been asked to add a nominee by December end. This is as the new rules shall come into effect from January 1, 2022. So, if you have still not added the nominee to your EPF account do so at the earlier as the deadline for the same nears.
How to add a nominee to an EPF account online?
Below are the steps listed to file e-nomination against your EPF account, but remember you can be prompted by the organisation to complete some other tasks such as adding your profile photograph.
Steps to add e-nomination online:
- Go to epfindia.gov.in
- Under the Services menu click on For employees option
- Then again under the 'Services' option- Click on the link saying 'Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)'
- In the 4th step log-in to your EPF account using your UAN and password. You can easily find your UAN number from your monthly salary slip that your employer provides each month.
- After you have logged into your account successfully, a message shall flash saying e-nomination facility is available with e-sign. Please file your nomination immediately to empower your family members for smooth access to social security in a very convenient way without visiting EPFO offices physically.
- Now in your EPF online account you will find the tab saying 'Manage' and under it go to the option 'e-nomination'.
- A tab which reads 'Provide details' shall flash on your screen, here click on 'Save'
- Then for the family declaration updation, click on Yes
- Now 'Click on family details' and add the requisite information. Herein remember that you can add more than one nominee.
- In the next step click on 'Nomination details' for declaring the amount of share assigned in case more than one nominee is assigned against an EPF a/c.
- Once this is done, click on 'Save EPF option'
- In the last step, click on E-sign for generating OTP that will be sent to the mobile number linked to your EPF account number.
After the process is e-signed successfully, your e-nomination will be registered with the EPFO body. And you don't need to send any documents in physical either to your employer or the EPFO organisation.