The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi was brought about to supplement farmers' income and an annual pay out under the scheme for farmers was Rs. 6000 in 3 equal installments. But there are people are wrongly taking advantage of the scheme and trying to capitalize on the amount even when they are not eligible.
So, thus after the latest 9th installment has been disbursed, in totality the amount paid out under the PM Kisan Scheme is Rs. 1.57 lakh crore. And as a complimentary benefit those farmers eligibles for a pay-out under the scheme can also avail loans using the KCC or Kisan Credit Card scheme.
Here thus we put in place all the people who shall ineligible to receive the grant under the PM-KISAN scheme:
a) All institutional landholders; and
b) Farmer families wherein one or more of its members belong to the following categories: -
1. Former and present holders of constitutional posts
2. Former and present ministers, State Ministers and former and present Members of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, state Legislative Assemblies, State Legislative councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
3. All super annulated, retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs 10,000 or more, excluding multi-tasking staff, Class IV, Group D employees.
4. All persons who paid income tax in the last assessment year
5. All serving or retired officers and employees of Central and State Government Ministries, Offices, Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and attached offices, autonomous institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the local bodies (Excluding Multi-Tasking staff, Class lV, Group D employees
6. Professionals like Doctors, Engineers' Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
So, as part of the scheme scrutiny shall be done and state government and UT administration will identify the farmer families that are eligible for support .