The festive season is considered to be auspicious for some big ticket purchases such as a home, passenger vehicle, gold etc. And in order to boost the sectors who are now known to make slow recovery from the ill effects of demonetisation as well as the GST impact, dealers across sectors are on the offer.
So, across sectors, lucrative offerings either as direct cash discounts or as some freebies are being extended by dealers to boost up their sales volume. Here are listed the sectors that are offering a good deal. Not to forget, online biggies such as Amazon and Flipkart that are time and again this festive season are rolling out their discount offers across all categories.
1. Real estate: Other than the usual cash discounts, freebies this time around the real estate developers are also waiving GST charges on under-construction project. Also stamp duty and registration charges are being borne by them. So, with low new home launches and high previous inventory, builders are actively taking steps to clear their stock while complying with new RERA guidelines.
2. Automobile: Given the good pace of sales during the pre-diwali sales in both the utility vehicle segment @ 11.32% and to further advance it, companies depending on the trend in their sales for different car models are offering discount as high as Rs. 1 lakhs. For instance Maruti Suzuki is offering Rs. 50000 discount on its Alto 800 variant but no discounts are on offer for models that are in high demand. On similar lines, other companies are also offering huge festive discounts.
3. Jewellery: Hefty discounts on jewellery making charges for gold jewellery and diamond are also made available by grand retailers such as Tanishq.
4. Consumer durables: In both online and offline purchase, you will be able to secure a good deal across electronic items, phone, home appliance category together with a exchange offer clubbed with some of the items.
5. Talk time and data offers: Telecom companies have also not hesitated to boost their sales and are coming up with good data and talk time offers. Players doing their bit during the time include Jio, BSNL etc.
Know about the Jio's latest Rs. 399 with entire cashback offer, here.