Despite being a regular user of Paytm, you might be unaware of its Payments Bank features. Paytm launched Paytm Payments Bank debit card for its savings account holders who use their Android as well as iOS app.
This means you can order a physical debit card using just the app.
This feature was introduced along with the BHIM UPI facility.
The interesting part of the update is the deployment of Rupay Paytm physical debit cards. Paytm users who already have a Paytm Payment bank account (you need to verify Aadhar biometrics to open an account) have obtained an additional virtual debit card, which can be used to shop online at multiple e-commerce websites.
As promised, the company has started to distribute the physical debit card to interested users. Unlike the complimentary virtual card, a user must pay a nominal fee of Rs.120 to receive the card and the card (you must confirm the postal address, where he/she likes to receive the same).
Note that this facility is available only for those with accounts in Paytm Payments Bank and not just the Paytm wallet.
- The debit card provided by Patym Payments Bank is a RuPay Card. RuPay is a domestic card payment scheme launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It is therefore accepted almost everywhere online in India.
- The card can be used in stores as well as ATMs.
- You will get an insurance cover of upto Rs 2 lakhs.
- The card has a QR code for instant money transfer.
- You will have to pay an annual charge of Rs 100 for the service and a delivery charge to receive the card.
- Incase of loss of card, Rs 100 will be charged for new card along with delivery charges.
- ATM monthly charges are nil for first three times in metro locations and five times in non-metro locations. A Rs 20 per transaction fee will be charged after that.
1. Download Paytm
Download Paytm on your Google Playstore for Android or App Store for iOS.
2. Open a Paytm Payments account
Select the "Bank" Option from the paytm app's main screen.
3. Apply for the Debit Card
In the "Bank" page, if you scroll down, you will see "Bank Account Services" after your Paytm wallet balance.
Select "Debit & ATM Card" option from it.
4. Request for the Card
Select "Request Card" from the options in the next page. From the same page you can block your old card and request for a new one.
In the "add address" space, enter the address you want your card to be delivered to.
6. Application and delivery charges
Click on "proceed to pay". As of now, the charges are Rs 120.
Things to do when withdrawing money from an ATM:
Make sure no one can see your PIN code while you enter it.Do not allow anyone to help you while you are making ATM transactions.Make sure to take your card and transaction statement once you have completed your transaction.Change your PIN frequently.
Things to do when using a debit card to make payments:
Use your card only on trusted online platformsWhen making a payment in a store, be sure to take your card back once the transaction is complete Regularly check your statement for card transactions. In the event of a suspicious transaction, immediately block your card and report on our customer support service.