Not received TDS certificate from employer? Can you claim TDS deducted from salary?

Posted By:
Subscribe to GoodReturns

Not received TDS certificate from employer? Can you claim TDS from salary?
It's highly possible that at times you may not have received your Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) certificate deducted from your salary.

The TDS certificate has to come from the employer and there could be several reasons for not receiving the same.

However, if you have not received the TDS certificate from your employer, you can make a claim in your Income Tax Return that you file. The Income Tax Department will raise a demand which will not be enforced on you but on your employer.

Also, there is a possibility that you have switched jobs and that you have not collected the TDS certificate from your previous employer. Under all of these circumstances you can claim for the TDS deducted from your tax returns.

How to you view your TDS?

It's highly possible that you may not know how much TDS has been deducted from salary, as you do not have the TDS certificate. In such cases you can view the TDS deducted online.

With the help of form 26AS you can keep track of your TDS and other things. A 26AS form is a form that essentially shows a consolidated tax statement, of all deductions on tax.

1) Details of tax deducted on behalf of the taxpayer by deductors

2) Details of tax collected on behalf of the taxpayer by collectors

3) Advance tax/self assessment tax/regular assessment tax, etc. deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)

4) Details of paid refund received during the financial year

5) Details of the high value transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.

6) The Income Tax Department has made it extremely easy for an assessee to view his or her tax credit Online. One can view it online with the help of PAN by getting it registered on the income tax website.

How to register yourself?

1. Visit
2. Click on Register
3. Fill your PAN number in given box and click
4. Fill in the details and click submit
5. Go to "My Account" in home-page
6. Select the sub-section "view tax credit statement(FormAS26)"
7. Fill in the details and click submit
8. You will be redirected to NSDL site once you confirm
9. Click on bottom which says "View Form 26AS "

Read more about: tds, form 26as
Please Wait while comments are loading...
Company Search
Enter the first few characters of the company's name or the NSE symbol or BSE code and click 'Go'