Which Income Tax Return (ITR) form you should fill when filing tax returns?

Posted By:
Subscribe to GoodReturns

One needs to choose the correct Income Tax Return Form (ITR), when one is filing his or her tax returns as there are as many as eight of them. The return form has to be filled and submitted according to your status and nature of income. Take a look at some of the forms and choose the correct one.

For individuals with salary and interest income

This form has to be filled by an individual having income from either salary, pension, family pension & interest income.

Again for individuals and HUFs

This form has to be filled by Individuals and HUFs not having income from business or profession.

Partners in a firm to take note

This form has to be filled by Individuals or HUFs being partners in firms and not carrying out business or profession under any proprietorship.

For those with income from business or profession

Fill the ITR4 if you are an individuals & HUFs having income from a proprietary business or profession.

Primarily for firms

This form has to be filled by firms, association of persons or body of individuals.

For companies

For Companies other than companies claiming exemption under section 11.

Income tax

For persons including companies required to furnish return under section 139(4A) or section 139(4B) or section 139(4C) or section 139(4D). 

For those getting fringe benefits

Fill ITR 8 if you are receiving income from fringe benefits. 

Read more about: income tax, itr1
Please Wait while comments are loading...
Company Search
Enter the first few characters of the company's name or the NSE symbol or BSE code and click 'Go'