To make the process of e-filing and thereafter its verification more simpler for taxpayers, the CBDT has once again taken a step wherein now the verification of ITR will be possible without actually logging into the individual's e-filing account.
Here we detail the process:
Verification is the must to do process as it completes the process of ITR filing from your end. And it has to be done within a period of 120 days from the date when you have filed your ITR. Once the ITR is verified, it is taken up for further processing by the income tax department.
Steps to e-verify your ITR without logging into e-filing account:
1. You need to go to e-filing portal of income tax department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
2. In the second step, go to the tab of ‘Quick links' and select the 'e-verify return' option.
3. You are now required to enter the details including PAN, Assessment year (2019-20) and acknowledgement number. Once these details are added, click on continue.
Herein 3 options will come up on your screen
- I have an EVC to e-verify my return
- I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-verify my return
- I would like to use Aadhaar OTP to e-verify my return
Here you can select any of the option for verifying your e-return.
For verification using aadhaar OTP, make your mobile number is registered with the aadhaar database.
And in a case if you do not have the EVC or electronic verification code, you need to generate the same through your pre-validated bank account or demat account.
Few other points to note
1. This method is available for verification of e-returns of only FY 2018-19. Previous year ITRs cannot be verified using this method.
2. Further, verification of only those ITRs through this novel method is possible which are not required to be filed via DSC.
3. Return should not have been filed by the authorised signatory or representative assessee. ..