As per a notification, Indian tax system from June 7, 2021 is set to see a new tax efiling portal. And as it is expected to be an advanced version of the previous tax e-filing portal, it shall be aimed at being tax-friendly and even reduce the turn around time for various of the tax functionalities.
So, below are listed some of the advantages of the new tax e-filing portal that will come up on June 7, 2021:
1. The system shall well be integrated with the tax refund processing such that issuance is made easily and without too much of hassle gets involved.
2. For smooth follow up, taxpayers will be able to easily access all the communication from the authorities, pending actions and other such details over one dashboard.
3. Free ITR preparation software both offline and online that could even be of help to those who do not have tax knowledge and further there shall be pre-filled information on various of the field to lessen taxpayer work.
4. A new call centre for customer or taxpayer query shall be immediately made available with chatbot, FAQs, videos etc.
5. Moreover most of the major desktop functions shall also be made available over the mobile app that will be later update for complete access on a mobile network.
6. Also, a new tax payment system over the new portal shall be available for enabling several payment options such as net banking, UPI,RTGS and other modes.