Authentication is the end point in the filing process for the income tax return (ITR). Five online and one physical are the blend of six ITR authentication processes. You can verify your ITR either online, using the Aadhaar-based one-time password (OTP), electronic verification code (EVC), or manually (offline) by forwarding a signed copy of ITR-V to the Income Tax Department-CPC, Post Box No-1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru- 560100, Karnataka, India. If you have preferred to validate your income tax return by forwarding an ITR-V copy to CPC Bengaluru, then you must verify your tax return within 120 days of filing it in accordance with the income tax act. Once you submit your ITR at the e-filing platform of the tax department it is then essential to validate it. If you fail to confirm your ITR within 120 days, it would be assumed that you have never submitted your ITR. If you have opted to check your tax returns by submitting ITR-V, you can follow the below listed steps to verify the status of your receipt.
- Visit 'incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in'
- Under the 'Quick Links' section, select the 'ITR Status' option
- Now on the next page, you will be asked to specify your PAN, acknowledgement number of the ITR filed and captcha code respectively
- The current status of your ITR-V will be displayed on your device screen once the submitted details are verified
You must keep tracking the status of your ITR-V to ensure that it has reached CPC, Bangalore within 120 days from the date of submitting your ITR on the e-filing portal. Once your ITR-V is approved by the income tax department you will get an SMS or email confirming the same. You will be issued a physical letter of the same afterwards. If you have not yet sent your ITR-V to the Bengaluru CPC, make sure that these dos and don'ts have been accepted by you.
Things to consider
- ITR-V must be submitted only by means of a speed post or ordinary post facility.
- Please ensure the ITR-V prints are printed and precise in black ink.
- Please ensure you have entered your original signature in the form before sending ITR-V to the CPC, Bengaluru,
- There is no restriction on the number of ITR-Vs that can be placed in one envelope.
- You are only allowed to print ITR-V on A4 size paper
Things to avoid
- ITR-V sent via courier will not be approved
- You must not write anything on the back of it as ITR-V is a one-page document
- Ensure that the barcode is not interfered with during the process when submitting ITR-V
- Do not fold the ITR-V form
- If you are forwarding multiple ITR-Vs, either original or revised, please ensure to print each of them on a separate page.
- Note, no documents are required to be attached with ITR-V while forwarding the same