The Income Tax Department of India introduced the new Annual Information Statement (AIS) on the Compliance Portal at the beginning of November 2021. Additional information on interest, dividends, securities transactions, mutual fund transactions, foreign remittance information, and other details is included in the new AIS. The new AIS can be downloaded by clicking on "Annual Information Statement (AIS)" under the "Services" tab on the new Income tax e-filing portal (https://www.incometax.gov.in).
However, taxpayers will also be able to download AIS information in PDF, JSON, CSV formats and resulting in the same the department has recently claimed via its Twitter handle "Income Tax India" that "Some more details of the new AIS. Too much data? You can download AIS (JSON) & work offline using AIS Utility." Taxpayers who are overwhelmed by the amount of data on AIS can now download the AIS (JSON) file and work offline with the AIS Utility.
Steps to download AIS (JSON) using offline AIS utility
- Visit https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal and log in to your account using PAN or Aadhaar Number.
- Now click on the link 'AIS' under the 'Services' tab.
- On the compliance portal (AIS Homepage) download the AIS utility from the resource section.
- Now download AIS as JSON from the AIS section and import JSON in the AIS utility.
- Now submit feedback on the AIS utility and export the feedback file.
- Now upload the output file and you are done.
- You can also refer to the resources section related documents and HELP section for any queries on the AIS homepage or else you can call 1800-103-4215 for more assistance.
Some more details of the new AIS.— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) November 16, 2021
Too much data?
You can download AIS (JSON) & work offline using AIS Utility.
Pl follow the steps given in the infographic below.
Click on link ‘AIS’ under ‘Services’ tab on https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf #AIS #TaxPayerInformation #EaseOfCompliance pic.twitter.com/g3qDQNluRz
Taxpayers may refer to the AIS documents (AIS Handbook, Presentation, User Guide and FAQs) provided in the "Resources" section or connect with the helpdesk for any queries through the "Help" section on the AIS Homepage.