State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a new app called State Bank Buddy, with which you can simply send or ask money from any of your contacts even if they do not have an SBI account.
The main highlight of the app is that it is available in 12 languages and one can choose their preferred language.
Transactions which can be done are:
- Pay Online Postpaid Bills
- PrePaid Mobile Phone Recharge
- Hotel Booking
- Movie Ticket Online at Buddy SBI App.
- Bus & Flight Booking with awesome deals.
- DTH - Airtel/ Videocon D2H, Reliance etc.
How to register for SBI Buddy App?
Download the app from Apple App store or Google Play store depending on your phone and search for State Bank Buddy by using the keyword "State Bank". You can click on install and download the app.
Customers have two options by which they can register through
b) Sign Up with Mobile Number
To sign up, you need to do the following -
1. If you select Facebook Sign Up option, enter your Facebook username and password
2. If you select sign up option, then you will have to enter mobile number (mandatory) and email (mandatory)
3. After successful validation, you will be displayed the mobile number or you will have to enter the mobile number (for Facebook Connect option)
4. You have to set up PIN for accessing mWallet service
5. Simultaneously, you will get a welcome message with One Time Password (OTP) on mobile as SMS and to the email ID, if provided.
6. Enter the OTP, select a Security Question from the dropdown and type your answer as prompted & submit the request. (You will be allowed 3 trials to enter the correct OTP)
7. If OTP is not received by you, then use the 'Resend OTP' link
Upon successful registration, you will be registered for State Bank Buddy. A success message will be sent on your mobile and/or email.
How to Send Money to Non SBI customers?
Before sending money to SBI or non-SBI customers from you contact list, one needs to add money in your wallet. Which can be done by net banking, debit card or IMPS.
You can select Send Money option in the app and enter the following:
- Recipient's mobile number (or select from phone or Facebook contacts)
- And submit for sending money to the recipient.
- Recipient will have to enter a passcode which will be sent to you, once you have initiated a Send Money request.
You will have to share the passcode separately with the recipient to enable him/her to retrieve the amount.