The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched the mAadhaar app for Android. mAadhaar is short for 'mobile Aadhaar.' The app allows users to carry their Aadhaar demographic information, such as name, date of birth, gender, address and the photograph linked with their Aadhaar number, on their smartphones, etc.
How to get the app?
Now the app has been launched only for Android users it might be released for iOS soon as well.
The mAadhaar app is available for download on Google Play.
- Log in to the Google play store.
- You can click here to download the app.
- Install the app.
If you need to use the mAadhaar app, you need to have their mobile numbers registered with your Aadhaar. If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrolment Centre or Mobile Update End Point.
Features of mAadhaar
- With the mAadhaar app, users will be able to download Aadhaar number profile through their smartphones and will therefore not require hard copies of the card, wherever applicable.
- mAadhaar allows users to lock or unlock biometrics data.
- With the mAadhaar app, users will be able to get the updated view of the profile upon completion of the update request.
- Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Users can share QR code, and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information.
All the features of the mAadhaar app will be made available post future updates. The app is now in the developing stage only. Now You Need Aadhaar For These 14 Things