The government has gone ahead and deactivated around 81 lakh Aadhaar numbers, according to Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology. The Aadhaar numbers were deactivated for some reasons.
Here's how you can check the status of your Aadhaar:
- Visit UIDAI website uidai.gov.in.
- Click on 'Verify Aadhaar Number' link will redirect you to a new page.
- This option helps an individual can check if an Aadhaar number is valid or not deactivated.
In the new page, you can see space to enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number in the relevant box.
- Enter the security code displayed into the "Security Code" in the verification box, and click "Verify."
Status of Aadhaar
The page will display a message confirming the status of the Aadhaar number entered. If your number is valid, you will get a message stating that your Aadhaar number exists. How To Link Your Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number?
Details of the Aadhaar holder
After completion of the Aadhaar verification process, the page also displays basic information about the Aadhaar, card holder. Such as age band and the last three digits of the registered mobile number. It will show your gender and the state. If the Aadhaar card number is the page will say that the number does not exist. How To Link Aadhaar With Your EPF Account Online?