If you are using net banking facility, you will be very familiar with the Customer ID or User ID. The Customer ID is mentioned in the welcome letter and cheque book. It is also mentioned on the first page of Passbook and Account Statement.
The Customer ID is a unique identification number given to every Customer holding a Savings or Current Account with HDFC Bank.
How to get Customer ID?
If you forget your customer ID of HDFC bank account, you can retrieve it online in few simple steps.
- Go to NetBanking window of HDFC bank
- There you can see the box to enter User ID or Customer ID below that option a question mark will be shown. Click on the "?" icon.
- Input your registered Mobile No. (with Country Code), and your PAN or Date of Birth details.
- Authenticate using the OTP sent on your registered Mobile No.
- The unique Customer ID is displayed up front.
Customer ID importance
Unique Cust ID helps the bank to identify customers, track the facilities availed, monitor financial transactions in a comprehensive and combined manner at a customer level and enable the bank to have a better approach to risk profiling of customers.
NR accounts are maintained by Indian nationals and Persons of Indian origin resident abroad, foreign nationals and foreign companies in India. Non-Resident bank accounts holders or NR customers can use their Date of Birth to retrieve Customer ID details. What To Do If You Forgot Your Netbanking Password Of HDFC Bank?
Firms and Trusts
If you are an authorized signatory of Firm, Company, Trust, any other non-individual entity, use the PAN details of the non-individual entity to get your Customer ID. If you are Karta of HUF, you can use the PAN details of the HUF to get your Customer ID. How To Link Aadhaar With Your HDFC Bank Account?