SBI Card portal has enhanced the authentication features on its credit cards to secure credit cardholders against unauthorised transactions. Nevertheless, you must know how to block your SBI credit card if you find an illegal activity on your card. If your card is lost or stolen, blocking the card instantly will save you from misfortune. Below are five specific ways following which you can block your SBI Credit Card.
Via SBI Net Banking
Follow the steps mentioned below to block your SBI Card via Net banking:
- Visit SBI Card website and sign in to your net banking account using the required credentials i.e. user id and password.
- Go to the "Services" section and click on the 'Block Lost/Stolen Card' option
- Once done your credit card will be blocked instantly
Via SBI Mobile Banking
- Open the SBI Mobile Banking app and sign in to your account
- Go the 'Menu' section and tap on "Service Request"
- Now tap on "Report Lost/Stolen" and select your card number which you want to block
- Now click on 'Submit' and your credit card will be blocked instantly.
Via Customer Care Service
You can use any of the numbers given below to block your credit card.
- Toll Free Number: 1800 180 1290
- 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, (STD Code) 39 02 02 02
Via SMS facility
In order to block your SBI Credit Card via SMS, type the message in the below given format and send it from your registered mobile number.
- BLOCK XXXX to 5676791
- XXXX are the last 4 digits of your SBI Card.
Block SBI Corporate Credit Card When Travelling Overseas
You can call the Visa helpline number if you have lost your SBI Corporate Credit Card or need urgent cash outside India. The VISA customer care numbers of the world's top travelling nations are listed below:
- United States: 1-800-847-2911
- Australia: 1-800-125-440
- Russia: 8 10-800-110-1011, 866-654-0164
- Singapore: 800-110-0344
- United Arab Emirates: 8000-021, 866-654-0112
- United Kingdom: 0800-89-1725
- Mainland China - South: 10-800-110-2911
- Canada: 1-800-847-2911
- Mainland China - North: 10-800-711-2911
- Hong Kong: 800-96-7025
- Japan: 00531-11-1555
How to reactivate SBI Credit Card?
You can do so by calling the SBI Credit Card customer service number if you wish to unfreeze the SBI Credit Card or reactivate a temporarily blocked card.
1860-180-1290 or (STD Code) 39020202
You will never be able to unblock a lost or stolen credit card using the SBI Card portal. Nevertheless, you can unfreeze a card which has been blocked for other purposes, such as fraudulent activities, non-payment of multiple continuous bills or any other unwanted transaction. You can also unfreeze it by clearing off your balance to get it below the allocated credit limit if your SBI Credit Card has been blocked due to usage over the set threshold. You can notify customer support if there is any other cause for a blocked SBI card.
Points to keep in mind while handling your credit cards
When it comes to handling credit cards, you must consider the following points:
- You must save the credit card customer care numbers on your mobile
- Do not share your credit card PIN and CVC with anyone.
- Don't save your credit card specifics online
- Process online transactions strictly on encrypted websites that use 'HTTPS'
- Verify the consumer copy of the bill to make sure the appropriate amount is billed to you
- Don't carry all your credit cards at once
- Use your personal device with certified antivirus & anti - malware software
- For multiple credit cards, don't set the same PIN
- Do not execute online transactions on public computers