Account-holders can check their SBI account balance, manage their bank accounts, pay utility bills, and securely transact anytime, anywhere using their registered mobile phone. SBI account holders can also access their account details as well as a variety of banking services at their leisure via SBI SMS Banking and online banking services. However, in order to use SBI's net banking or mobile banking services, one must first register or update a mobile number with his or her savings account. A customer no longer has to visit a bank to update his or her registered mobile number with SBI's online or net banking facility. To know the process of how to change your mobile number and check the status online, follow the steps listed below.
Steps to change or update your SBI mobile number online
- Visit SBI Net Banking portal and sign in to your account using the required credentials.
- Go to the 'My Accounts & Profile' section and click on 'Profile'.
- Now click on 'Personal Details/Mobile' and select the 'Quick Contact' option.
- Now click on the 'Edit' icon and enter your new mobile number.
- Now you will get an OTP on your old mobile number which you need to verify.
- Enter the received OTP on the required space and click on 'Submit'
- On the screen, a pop-up message with the text 'Verify and confirm your mobile number xxxxxxxxxx' will display. To continue, click 'Ok.'
- A new page will appear with the following three different methods for authorizing a change of mobile number:
1) By OTP on both mobile numbers
2) IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM
3) Approval through Contact Centre
To go through any of the above methods, click here.
Steps to update mobile number through SBI Mobile App
- Open the SBI Mobile App on your mobile phone and sign in to your account using the required credentials.
- Now go to the 'My Profile' section and click on the 'Edit' icon under the 'Menu' section.
- Now enter your new mobile number and generate OTP.
- Enter the received OTP on your old registered mobile number and verify it.
- Click on 'Submit' and you will get a successful message on your device screen after an effective authentication.
How to update SBI mobile number via phone banking?
You must be a registered phone banking customer to update your mobile number using phone banking. If the answer is 'Yes' then you must call the SBI contact centre (1800-11-22-11 or 1800-425-3800) and follow the further instructions. Before calling, have your ATM card, PIN, and bank account details approachable.
Steps to check the status of SBI mobile number update request
Once a customer's request for a change of mobile number has been approved, they can check the status of their request by following the steps below:
- Visit https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm and sign in to your account.
- Go to the 'My Accounts & Profile' section and click on 'Profile'
- Now select the 'Personal Details' option.
- Now your display name, email, and mobile number will be displayed on the screen if you have enrolled for the internet banking service of SBI.
- Now click on the link 'Change Mobile Number-Domestic only (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Centre)' and a new page with 'Personal Details-Mobile Number Update' with three sections 'Create Request', 'Cancel Request' and 'Status' will appear on the screen.
- Click on the 'Status' option to check the current status of your request to change your mobile number.
SBI has recently revised the cash withdrawal and cheque book charges for SBI Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) account holders, effective July 1, 2021. ATM withdrawals, cheque book transactions, transfers, and other non-financial operations would all be subject to the new charges. SBI Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) account holders can find the new service charges here.