1987 - The Company was Incorporated on 10th September, in the name of
Cox and Kings Finance Ltd. and was promoted by Cox & King (India)
Ltd. company has changed its name to the present one on October,
- The Main object of the company is to operate in the area of
leasing, hire purchase, investments, foreign exchange dealing and
all other financial products.
1995 - The company came out with a public issue of 9,10,000 No. of
equity shares of Rs.10 each at a prem. of Rs.100 per share. The
issue was oversubscribed by 6.72 times.
- Company has entered into agreement with International Currency
Exchange Plc., United Kingdom to promote a joint venture company
with 50% equity participation through its affiliate Gold
International Currency Exchange (Mauritius) Ltd. for opening of
money changing bureaux at important locations in India.
- 9,10,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each at a prem. of Rs.100
per share allotted to the Indian public through public issue.
1996 - The trading in the Company's scrip was indefinitely suspended by
The Stock Exchange, Mumbai on March 01, due to speculative
- The Company has entered into agreement with International
Currency Exchange Plc., United Kingdom to promote a joint venture
company with 50% equity participation through their affiliate
Gold International Currency Exchange (Mauritius) Ltd. for opening
of money changing bureaux at important locations in India.
1997 - Cox & Kings (C&K), apparently the oldest established travel
company in the world, has set up shop in Calcutta.
- Cox & Kings has tied up with Standard Chartered Bank to offer
finance options for its travel now-pay later scheme, Worldwide
Holidays for 1997, in India. It has launched its worldwide
- Cox & King, a leading travel company in the world, announced
their tie-up with Top Deck, the largest operator of coach
camping youth tours in Europe.
- Cox & Kings has an operating agreement with Taj Travel and
Tourist (a 100 per cent subsidiary of IHC) to man its travel
desks, provide technical expertise, training and maintenance
- Taj Trade & Transport Company, an IHL subsidiary, had signed a
25-year contract with Cox & Kings in June 1996.
- Cox & Kings has tied up with JT Mobiles, one of the cellular
operators in Bangalore, to provide travel call service.
1998 - Cox and Kings, has drawn up major marketing exercises in a bid to
popularise its corporate travel packages all over India.
- The company has recently introduced a team of 300 direct
marketing agents (DMAs), who have been supposedly employed
after rigorous screenings followed by elaborate training
programmes, who are responsible for the sales and marketing of
the packages in their own respective circles.
1999 - With a view to increasing the tourist inflow into the
country, Cox & Kings (India) Ltd has launched an exclusive
- Travel company Cox & Kings has designed a three-day millennium
package wherein a Maharana, two Maharajas and a Thakur of
Rajasthan will play host to guests at their palaces.
2000 - Cox & Kings is set to expand its foreign exchange business to
more centres in India.
- Cox & Kings (India), and Ford India, which has introduced the
'josh machine' Ikon, have joined hands to launch the 'Travel with
Cox & Kings and Win a Ford Ikon' campaign.
- Cox and Kings launched its first product, the Cox and Kings
Worldwide Holidays 1997, for the travel market.
-Delists shares from Delhi Stock Exchanges Ltd (DSE) w.e.f. March 20, 2006.