LPG price in Shillong, are largely dependent on international prices of crude. When these go higher, LPG cylinder rates in Shillong also tend to move higher. For the poorer sections, the government has subsidized these prices. Cooking gas is now easily accessible to most of the population in Shillong. Price of Non-Subsidised LPG cylinders today in Shillong is at ₹ 719.49. These are revised every month by the government of India. LPG is known to be a very clean fuel, which is why it is preferred. There has been a substantial rise in the use of this gas for domestic and commercial purposes over the last few years.
|Jan 2019||₹ 753.00||₹ -125.09|
|Dec 2018||₹ 878.09||₹ 877.09|
|Nov 2018||₹ 1,011.00||₹ -947.00|
|Oct 2018||₹ 948.00||₹ 59.50|
|Sep 2018||₹ 888.50||₹ 0.00|
|Aug 2018||₹ 888.50||₹ 31.00|
|Jul 2018||₹ 857.50||₹ 36.00|
|Jun 2018||₹ 821.50||₹ 59.00|
|May 2018||₹ 762.50||₹ 50.00|
|Apr 2018||₹ 712.50||₹ -1.50|
The term LPG is the abbreviation for Liquefied Petroleum Gas.It is also known as butane or propane. It is usually used as a fuel for cooking purpose apart from this it can also be used for heating equipment and for powering vehicles. The LPG is prepared by refining petroleum or wet natural gas and it is generally derived out from the fossil fuel sources. It is manufactured during the refining of crude oil or it is extracted from the natural gas streams as they emerge from the ground or it is derived from petroleum products.
• Domestic Use – LPG is most popularly used in all the households as a fuel used for cooking and heating purposes. Its individual components are favorable for domestic purpose.
• LPG is used as a Chemical Feed Stock.
• Vehicles – It is used as a fuel for vehicles. It burns better when compared to diesel or petrol. It is more energy efficient and will emit less smoke which will negatively impact on the earth’s environment.
• Industrial Fuel – LPG is used as an industrial fuel for heating process.
• Refrigerant – LPG is commonly used as a refrigerant.
• Electricity Generation – LPG is used to produce electricity by running turbines.
• Motor Fuel – LPG can also be used as a motor fuel due to its ignition capacity.
• Drying Purpose – LPG is used in the agriculture for drying process.
• Centralized Heating Solutions – LPG is found as a centralized heating solution and is used in both industrial and domestic premises.
• Industries – LPG is used in paper industries, food processing industries, plastic industry and so on.