PAN Card which is still an important identity document needs to be correct in all respects as otherwise at the time of verification by the authorities you can face some serious issues. The government with effect from July 1, 2017 has asked Indian citizens to mandatorily link PAN with their Aadhaar IDs. So, in case your signature on PAN does not match with signature at other crucial places, you need to get it corrected on an urgent basis.
Following is the procedure for online change or correction of signature on PAN
1. For effecting changes through the online route, you need to submit the PAN change request form by visiting tin NSDL website. Choose from amongst the 'category of applicant' option and then click on the select tab.
2. Fields marked with an asterisk are to be provided mandatorily and the box corresponding to 'Signature mismatch' has to be checked on the left hand side margin which reflects that changes has to be made in respect of signature.
3. As a next step you need to key in the communication address where the new and updated PAN has to be delivered, the address is simultaneously updated with the Income tax department.
4. In case the proof of identity, address or date of birth is chosen to be Aadhaar then Aadhaar number has to be provided mandatorily. Further, proof of Aadhaar together with supporting documents has to be submitted with NSDL e-Gov.
5. For the new signature, you can go the paperless way by either uploading the photo of the changed signature or can also upload the digital signature certificate or DSC.
6. Other documents can also be uploaded on the system. After filling in all the details, click on the submit option.
7. For the processing of your application, if the communication address is in India is Rs.110 (Rs. 93 as fee and 18% GST.
In case the payment is made through debit or credit card then an additional 2% on fee is payable to the bank providing payment gateway facility. For individuals making payment through net banking, a surcharge of Rs. 4 plus 18% GST shall be applicable.
Other option that can be chosen for making the payment include demand draft which has to be drawn in favour of 'NSDL-PAN'.
8. Then after successful completion of form together with payment, you will receive an acknowledgement which shall indicate the field in which the change has to be made.
9. Print out of the acknowledgment with 2 recent colored photographs in white background together with sign across the photo and supporting documents is to be sent to NSDL. Note the envelope has to be super scribed as 'APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST--- N-Acknowledgment Number'.
10. After receipt of the documents by the department, you will receive a confirmation on your e-mail address.