PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is a unique 10 digit alphanumerical code which mainly stores the financial history of a person.
Apart from acting as an identity proof, this document has lifetime validity and hence it is must to have valid information on the document. The photograph and signature also constitute the list of details mentioned in the PAN. The signature on the PAN is required for verification at the time of availing any kind of financial services such as loan, investment, credit card and so on. Thus it is advised to get the photo and signature updated accurately in the card that one should not face any hassles in the future.
Know How to Change Photo and Signature in PAN Card
- Login to the web portal of NSDL
- Select the option which states ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data’ from the ‘Application Type’ option.
- Proceeding further, select the ‘Individual’ from the ‘Category’ Menu
- Enter the ‘Applicant Information’ and click on ‘submit’ option
- Now note down the generated token number and continue with the PAN application.
- Proceeding further, select the option as to how you want to perform KYC
- Enter all the mandatory details such as Aadhaar or EID and other details.
- Click on the option ‘Photo Mismatch’ and ‘Signature Mismatch’ and enter Father’s or Mother’s details and click on ‘Next’ button for PAN card signature change or photo update.
- Enter your details including contact details, address and so on in the ‘Address and Contact’ section.
- Provide proof for identity, date of birth, address
- On submission of a copy of the Aadhaar Card, all the three above requirements will be fulfilled. Also, submit a copy of your PAN or PAN allotment letter.
- Tick the declaration as shown and click on the ‘submit’ option to submit your details.
- Now upload the scanned copies of all the document proofs for verification purpose.
- Review the form once and verify if all the details entered are correct, post this click on ‘Submit’ option to submit your details or else one can click on ‘Edit’ option to update your details.
- Make a payment of Rs 101 (including GST) if one resides in India and Rs 1011 (includes GST), if you reside outside India.
- Now save the application and take a print out of the same.
- Send the printed application to NSDL’s address to Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
Please Note: Do enclose the required documents along with the form before posting it. You will be receiving a 15 – digit acknowledgement number which can be used to track the status of the application in future.
List of Documents Required to Change Image and Signature in PAN Card
The following are the list of documents required to change photo and signature in PAN Card:
- Aadhaar Card
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card issued by Government of India
- Driving License
- Ration card (includes a photograph of the applicant)
- Election ID card
- Photo of the applicant (size of the photo should be 3.5 cmX2.5 cm or 132.28 pixelsX94.49 pixels)
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or a state government or a Public Sector Undertaking
- Other national or citizenship identification number or Taxpayer Identification Number which is duly attested by ‘Apostille’
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card issued by Government of India
- Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photocard.
Q. How many photos are needed for the PAN card application?
A. You must submit two photographs for your PAN application form.
Q.How can I check the status of my PAN card application?
A. You can track the status of your PAN card online by visiting https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html.
Q. What is the application process for people who can not sign?
A. The application process for people who can sign and those who can not sign is the same. The applicant must simply provide their fingerprint instead of the signature.