The Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare (DoPPW) has issued an office memorandum (OM) seeking annual life certificate from Central government pensioners and family pensioners living overseas. For the continuation of their pension or family pension, all central government pensioners or family pensioners must submit an Annual Life Certificate in November. According to the circular released by DoPPW, the following procedures are available for submitting a life certificate by a pensioner/family pensioner residing abroad.
- In the case of a pensioner/family pensioner residing abroad and drawing his pension/family pension through any bank included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, the life certificate may be signed by an officer of the Bank. A pensioner/family pensioner gets exemption from personal appearance subject to production of Life Certificate signed by the above mentioned officer of the bank.
- A pensioner/family pensioner not residing in India in respect of whom his duly authorized agent produces a life certificate signed by a Magistrate, a Notary, a Banker, or a Diplomatic Representative of India is exempted from personal appearance.
- Pensioner/family pensioner can also provide Digital Life Certificate online through Aadhaar based biometric authentication system. https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/
- In the case of NRI pensioners/family pensioners who are unable to come to India for personal identification, pension/family pension may be allowed on the basis of a certificate to be issued by an authorized official of the Indian Embassy/High Commission of India or Consul of Indian Consulate in the country where the pensioner/family pensioner is residing. This certiﬁcate is to be issued on verification of Pensioner/Family Pensioner on the basis of photograph pasted in the PPO or on the basis of photograph pasted on the Passport or any other such document.
- In case the pensioner/family pensioner is unable to visit the Embassy of India/Consulate, he/she may submit requisite documents by post to the Embassy/Consulate, including Doctor's Certiﬁcate showing the pensioner's/family pensioner's inability to present himself/herself in person. Embassy of India/High Commission/ Indian Consulate may also assist pensioners/family pensioners in the submission of the Life Certificate.
DoPPW issued OM dated 22.09.2021 regarding various methods for submission of Annual Life Certificate by pensioners/family pensioners residing abroad.@DrJitendraSingh @mygovindia @PIB_India @FinMinIndia @RailMinIndia @DoT_India #abroad pic.twitter.com/I5zZ6eOiPG— D/o Pension & Pensioners' Welfare , GoI (@DOPPW_India) September 23, 2021
Source: Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare (DoPPW)