For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

RIL Shares Tank 6%; Stock To Turn Ex-Rights On May 13

|

Shares of Reliance Industries

on the back of heavy volume in trade on May 12, 2020 due to profit booking plunged as much as 6% to day's low of Rs. 1483.30 per share on the BSE. In the previous session, the stock soared past levels of Rs. 1600.

RIL Shares Tank 6%; Stock To Turn Ex-Rights On May 13
 

On Wednesday, the stock of RIL will turn ex-rights. On April 30, the oil to telecom conglomerate in order to become a debt free company by March 2021 announced its first Rs 53,100 crore 1:15 rights issue in 29 years.

At the time of application, eligible shareholders for the rights issue that shall be determined basis the eligibility as on record date (fixed as May 14) will have to pay just 25% of the share price upfront and the remaining 75% can be paid via calls.

In a regulatory filing to the exchange, RIL said, "If the shareholding of any eligible equity shareholder is less than 15 equity shares or is not in the multiple of 15 equity shares, the fractional entitlement of such eligible equity shareholder shall be ignored for the computation of the rights entitlement".

Interestingly, the stock of RIL has outperformed the benchmark indices with a staggering recovery of as much as 80% since the stock market crash in March.

Last, the stock of RIL quoted lower by 3.66% or Rs. 57.65 at Rs. 1519.10 apiece on the BSE.

GoodReturns.in

Story first published: Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 14:35 [IST]
Company Search
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more