MCA, SEBI, Company Law Board offer grievance redressal against company fixed deposits

Posted By:
Subscribe to GoodReturns

MCA, SEBI, CLB offer grievance redressal against company fixed deposits
After a spate of scam and fraud in company fixed deposits, there can still be instances wherein after being driven on account of higher returns on these products you end in a grave situation when the company defaults. Also, SEBI has strictly ordered the rating of all such company fixed deposits and especially those raised by NBFC companies.

An investor because of the unsecured nature of such debt instruments holds very low chance of recovering the invested amount. Nonetheless, a step in the direction has known to pay back the investor in some of the cases.

Here is a look at how you can deal with some such frauds posed by companies of different sectors

Generally, on the basis of the sector in which the company operates determines the regulator for the different deposit mobilisation schemes that are floated by the company. For instance, in case a company deposit is mopped up by the NBFC, it shall come under the purview of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Companies in the manufacturing space come under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). So, to find out the right governing body for a company can in many cases be rather tedious.

The correct approach in the case may be to register or file a complaint with the investor grievance cell of the company at fault first and thenthe MCA which can be done also through the online route along with the Registrar of Companies (ROC). If the company in which you have made the investment happens to be a listed company, complaint or grievance redressal can also be expected to be done by SEBI.

Company's board members as well as legal team can also be approached through e-mails. And each of the mail can be mailed for reference to the MCA.

Also, the Company Law Board can also be approached as in accordance with the RBI Act 1934, the board has the authority to ask an NBFC company to repay investors money. For filing the concerns with the Company Law Board, all an investor needs to do is fill up the Form 4 and submit the company deposit receipt with the authority and a fee amount of Rs 50 through a demand draft for redressal by the authority. Legal procedure for the fraud can also be initiated before the consumer court. Continous follow up for quite a time can in some cases be fruitful for the investor and he or she might get the money back.

Please Wait while comments are loading...
Company Search
Enter the first few characters of the company's name or the NSE symbol or BSE code and click 'Go'