The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issued Aadhaar is a must-have and is required to be produced at various places for KYC purposes and so we need to maintain it in a handy way. Here we suggest ways to download the identification card bearing 12-digit Aadhaar number and keep it in digital format in your smartphones.
Downloading Aadhaar via mAadhaar
1. You need to first download the official UIDAI mobile app mAadhaar which provides an interface to aadhaar card holders for keeping their demographic information such as name, date of birth, address and gender together with photograph linked to their aadhaar number electronically.
2. After the mAadhaar is accessible to you, you are asked to register your mobile number which is then validated through an OTP or one time password.
3. Under All services tab, you will be able to easily locate download Aadhar.
4. You need to now click on this option which will take you to a fresh page asking you to choose between
- Regular Aadhaar
- Masked Aadhaar
5. Now if you go for the regular aadhaar download; you have 3 options to choose from i.e. it asks you whether you have your aadhaar number, Virtual ID number or enrolment Id number.
6. Depending upon the availability of relevant field, you need to input the details
7. Now after you enter the details, OTP will be sent to you and you can download the pdf version of your Aadhar. To view Aadhaar password is first four letters of your name in capital letters followed by your year of birth.
Downloading Aadhaar using UIDAI website
On the uidai.gov.in, under Get Aadhaar section, you will find the link as 'Download aadhaar' click on that, you will be now asked to give either of the detail including Aadhaar number, Enrolment Id or virtual ID.
Supposing you give your 12digit aadhaar number, you will then be required to make Captcha verification by entering the characters as you see in the picture
Also you will have the option to get masked aadhaar.
Now you need to click on Send OTP option to receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP received.
Lastly click on 'Verify And Download' to download eAadhaar which will be password protected pdf file.
If you choose the VID or virtual ID option, you will have to give in 16 digit VID together with full name, pin code and security code. And in the case of enrolment id or EID you would be required to provide inputs such as ENo in 14 digits and 14 digit date time stamp printed on the enrolment slip.