Recently, the tax department has launched a new feature where individuals can apply for a new PAN card using a new Aadhaar e-Signature based application on the portals of PAN service providers M/s NSDL eGov.
Here are pre-requisites
- PAN applicants should have a valid Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) issued to them by authorized Certifying Authority (CA) in India.
- The DSC of the applicant should be used for digitally signing the application.
- The DSC should bear the name of the applicant/Representative Assessee as mentioned in the application form
- PAN applicants should have scanned image of photograph, signatures and supporting documents i.e. Proof of Identity (POI) /Proof of Address (POA) /Proof of Date of Birth (PODB). The photo/signature and supporting documents should be scanned.
- Payment of application fee can be done using Credit card/Debit card or Net banking facility only.
Simple steps to apply for PAN card using Aadhaar based e-signatures
- Visit TIN Site
- Select the form 49A
- Read all the instructions
- Below select Individual, HU F(whichever is applicable)
- Enter the details
- Tick Yes for the option "For Paperless PAN Application"
- Upload your scanned documents, Photo, Signature
- OR one can also fetch details from DigiLocker
- And Click Submit
The new process ensures paperless hassle free PAN application and also seeding of Aadhaar in PAN which will curb the problem of duplicate PAN to a great extent.
The application fee is Rs 107 including tax for individuals in India. In case where the applicant is minor, Aadhaar of minor should be mentioned in the application form not the guardian Aadhaar number.