Now, Aadhaar card is mandatory to avail almost all government services. What to do if you lost your Aadhaar card? People start to panic in such situation. Downloading Duplicate Aadhaar card becomes necessary if the original copy is either lost or misplaced.
If your Aadhaar card is lost or misplaced, you can download Aadhaar card duplicate copy online.
What all you need?
Mobile number or e-mail id: Your mobile number or email ID is required to retrieve the lost Aadhaar/ Enrolment ID online. It is necessary because the applicant will get an 'OTP' (One Time Password) which is used in retrieving the Aadhaar.
How you can get a duplicate copy of Aadhaar online?
Follow these steps to get a duplicate copy of your Aadhaar online.
- Login to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid. In the home page itself, you can see 'Retrieve your Lost EID/UID' option.
- Select Aadhaar No (UID) or Enrolment No (EID) according to your choice.
- Enter your full name, email address and your registered Mobile Number.
- Enter the security cache as displayed and click on "Get OTP" button.
- A One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile or email address. In the box enter the OTP and click on "Verify OTP."
- After this, the applicant will receive a message on mobile with their Aadhaar card number or Enrollment Id.
- Visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and select appropriate option, "Enrollment Id" OR "Aadhaar", under "I have:"
- Enter your Aadhaar card number or Enrollment Id.
- Give full name, Pin Code, security text and mobile number and then click on "Get OTP" OTP will be delivered to your mobile or email address.
- Enter the OTP you just received on your mobile in the "Enter OTP" box and click on "Validate and Download."
The PDF file will be password protected. The password to open the pdf file containing your Aadhaar is the pin code of your home address. How To Apply For Aadhaar Card For Kids?
In most of the cases, this duplicate aadhaar card will be equally helpful to the original one. The E-adhaar is duplicate copy and printed E-adhaar card can be used to confirm your aadhaar number. Now You Need Aadhaar For These 14 Things