If you have also made withdrawal request from your EPF account and are facing a delay, the case as provided by the retirement fund body EPFO can be due to bank account details not updated in its portal. And likewise the organization has asked its members to update the same at the earliest so that withdrawal claims can get processed and credited in the subscriber's account in a timely manner.
So, if you are also confronting similar issue, below is listed on how to check the details in your EPFO portal and how to update the same:
What is important in timely credit of such claimed EPF funds is that your correct bank account details with the IFSC code is linked to your UAN or Universal account number.
So to check you need to follow the below steps:
1. Visit the EPFO portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and log in to your account.
2. Now under the tab 'Manage' you need to click on ' KYC option'
3. Now herein a new page shall appear and under the tab ' digitally approved KYC', you need to verify all such details including bank account name, bank account number and IFSC code.
In a scenario when your account reflects the correct account details, your claimed amount shall be credited without any delay, else you would need to make the necessary changes for quick credit of such funds.
How to update Bank account detail in your EPF account?
1. You need to follow the above listed 2 steps and then under the KYC option select the document type saying bank.
2. In the place where it is asked to mention the correct document number you need to put in the correct bank account number, name as in the records of the bank and IFSC.
3. Then you need to click on the 'Save' option.
4. Afterwards these details shall reflect under the KYC option pending for approval.
And this approval is done through the employer and to ensure it is done speedily, employee needs to request his or her employer to approve the same for updation in the records of the EPFO.
And as and when the employer approves the same, the EPFO portal shows it usually in a span of one week's time.
Here what is important that you will be to verify all such details on the EPFO e-Sewa portal only if your UAN is active.