|The Company was incorporated in Sept 1994 as a Private Limited Company
by Mr. Shantanu Prakash, an alumnus of Indian Institute of Management,
Ahmedabad and Dr. Anjlee Prakash, Ph.D. in cognitive sciences. Since
inception till 1999, the Company was engaged in the business of setting up
and maintaining of computer labs in private schools under BOOT model and
in government schools under subcontract awarded by Government of India
The Company launched eCampus in 1998 and PlanetVidya.com - an
educational portal in 1999. In 2000, the Company started its trading operations
with CD-ROMs and added educational toys in 2003. In June 2000, Carlyle, a
U.S Investment company made a strategic investment amounting to $ 2.10
million (amounting to Rs 1087 lacs) for a 15% equity stake in the Company.
On 18th September 2000, the Company was converted from private limited
company to a public limited company. In 2002, the Company entered the
e-learning space with its Learning Mate division and launched Learning Mate
Nhance, a learning Content Management platform. In 2002, the company also
set up its fully owned subsidiary, Edumatics Corporation, in US.
The Company launched Smart_ClassTM Content solutions in June 2003, a novel
concept in Education space, which is aimed at transforming an entire classroom
into a Technology enabled classroom.
In 2003, the Company floated a subsidiary by the name of Learning Mate Solutions
Pvt. Ltd. Furthermore pursuant to a Business Transfer Agreement dated August 29,
2003. (Refer section on Shareholders Agreement on Page 79),the shareholding of
the Company in Learning Mate Solutions Pvt. Ltd. was transferred to the
management team and assets and liabilities pertaining to the e-Learning division of
the Company were also transferred to Learning Mate Solutions Pvt. Ltd. The Carlyle
group extended further funding to this company and took up a majority stake in the
The Company today is one of the leading providers of technology enabled education
solutions and services for K-12 (Kindergarten to Class 12) institutions. The Company
has 844 employees operating out of over 9 locations in India.
In August 2004, the Company entered the US market with the signing of a US pilot
project with Franklin Elementary School, Santa Barbara, California, U.S.A. The
company has also entered the Asia Pacific Market with pilot projects at Cedar Girls
School, Singapore in November 2004. The company has successfully executed the
The Company also launched "Online Tutoring" for teaching mathematics to the
students in the US in 2005.
In July 2005, Carlyle exited from the company by selling its stake in the company to the
promoters in return for the promoters relinquishing their stake in Learning Mate
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Milestones achieved by the Company
1994 Incorporation of Company
1998 Launched eCampus Âa student information system
1999 Launched PlanetVidya.com, a portal
2000 Strategic investment by the Carlyle Group
Conversion to Public Limited Company
Entry into trading operations
2002 Set up a fully owned US subsidiary Edumatics Corporation
Launched Learning Mate NHance a Learning Content Management
2003 Launched Smart_ClassTM Content Solutions
Divested the international custom content business to Carlyle
2004 ISO 9001: 2001 certification for ICT solutions
Signed US pilot with Santa Barbara School Districts
Entered the Asia Pacific market with pilots in Singapore
2005 Launched Online Tutoring services
Exit of Carlyle.
-Educomp Solutions signs Award of Contracts worth Rs 500 mn
-Educomp launches online maths portal
-Educomp Solutions Limited has appointed Mr. Mohit Maheshwari, Company Secretary of the Company as compliance Officer in place of Mrs. Sangeeta Gulati w.e.f. 01.01.2007.
-Educomp Solutions signs an MOU with Raffles Institution, Singapore
-Educomp Solutions signs an agreement with Government of Chattisgarh
-Educomp acquires 51pc stake in US-based Learning.com.
-Educomp Solutions Ltd has entered into a 50-50 strategic partnership with EuroKids International Pvt Ltd ("EIPL").
-Educomp Solutions - Acquisition of 51% stake in Takshila Managemet Services Pvt. Ltd
-Educomp ties up with Designmate
-Educomp Solutions join hands with Karnataka govt to implement computer education
- Educomp Solutions Ltd has appointed following two Non-Executive Independent Additional Directors on the Board of the Company.
1. Mr. Rajiv K Luthra
2. Dr. Shayama Chona
-Educomp Solutions announce Joint Venture with Pearson to support Vocational Learning in India
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- Educomp Solutions has announced that the company has bagged an order worth Rs. 51.14 crore from the Bihar Government.
- Indiaâs leading education solutions provider Educomp has grabbed a project through its information and computer technology (ICT) division Edureach, valued at Rs 67.93 crore from the Maharashtrian government.
- Educomp Solutions Ltd has informed BSE regarding "Educomp adds 540 Schools under ICT implementation; receives order worth 67.93 crores from Maharashtra Government".
- Educomp Solutions, a leading education company, has declared its joint venture with Sri Kanchi.
- Educomp, India Today group firm in pact to set up 30 schools.
- E-learning company Educomp Solutiona today said that its ICT division Edureach has won Rs 209 crore order from government of Assam under the prestigious ICT@Schools Project.
- Educomp Solutions Ltd has informed BSE that Mr. Manav Saraf has been appointed as Additional Director on the Board of the Company w.e.f. July 26, 2012.
- IndiaCan, a joint venture between Educomp Solutions Ltd and Pearson Inc, today introduced a certificate course in ethical hacking, in collaboration with computer security expert Ankit Fadia, said the media reports.
- Educomp Solutions Ltd has informed BSE that Mr. Mohit Maheshwari, has resigned from the post of Company Secretary & Compliance officer of the Company with effect from August 01, 2012 & Mr. Anil Sharma has been appointed as Interim-Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of the Company with effect from August 01, 2012.
-"Kaizen and Bertelsmann invest in Online Business of Educomp."
-Educomp Solutions Ltd has appointed Mrs. Swati Sinha as Director, in the Category of Independent-Non Executive Director.