E-Nivaran facility is launched by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). Through this scheme, people can lodge complaints without paperwork. By this scheme, you can upload necessary documents, get the complaint processed and you can also track the status of redressal of the same. E-Nivaran facility can be accessed at the following link: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/eNivaranHomePrelogin.html
Through e-Nivaran taxpayers can submit grievance in respect to AO, NSDL, UTISL, CPC-ITR, E-filing Website team, CPC-TDS, Directorate of Systems, and SBI-Refund Banker.
The taxpayer can submit the grievance by following the below steps:
In e-Filing Home page, you can see one tab on right top click on "e-Nivaran" tab.
A new page will appear. You can see two options there, select "Submit Grievance." By clicking on this icon, the following radio buttons will be displayed.
- PAN or TAN Holder
- Do not have PAN or TAN
Select "PAN or TAN Holder" option. Below you can see a text box which is provided to enter PAN or TAN. Enter your PAN or TAN number and click on "Submit" button.
If PAN is already registered in e-filing, it will redirect to login page.
If PAN is not registered, then the below options shall be provided
1) Register with e-filing and Continue
2) No thanks and Continue without registering.
- Select "Register with e-filing and Continue," it will redirect you to a Registration page.
- Select "No thanks and Continue without registering," it will redirect to e-Nivaran Form to raise a grievance.
- The taxpayer can preview and edit before submitting grievance request.
- Click on Submit; an OTP Pin will be sent to respective email id and mobile no given during time to raising request.
- Click on Validate success message will be displayed along with an option to download pdf.
Once the complaint is registered, an acknowledgment is generated for future reference. You can track the status of resolution by using the acknowledgment reference number.